• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Booked Another Cruise

Rate this topic

TheSkipper

Karen,

Will be waiting to hear what you experience on this cruise!! I've heard nothing but good about Oceania, but will be looking forward to your first hand experiences.

Are you planning to use Oceania transfers to and from the ship?

I'm not sure which way we want to go.

Thanks to all for all of the good wishes.

Congrats Ed on your new booking. We have heard nothing but good reviews on Oceania... so I'm waiting with anticipation to hear your review. We had booked on the Insignia to the Med 2 years ago but had to cancel at the time for health reasons, they're a class act!

Skipper - No, we are not using Oceania transfers, or the free airfare. We are retired and live in Mexico. To take advantage, we would first have to fly to the U.S. That's the wrong direction, and it's such a long flight as it is. We are going to fly into Buenos Aires a couple of days early, take the cruise to Rio, fly back to Buenos Aires, have another day or so in Buenos Aires, then fly home to Guadalajara.

After re reading your post, it looks like we are taking the same cruise, but in the other direction. :blink:

We took an Oceania cruise to Spain, Italy and Greece this last April. It was fabulous!

Saludos, Karen

Yes, Karen,

We are doing this cruise in reverse. Still want to read your review and get your comments and tips.

You're Spanish is probably better than mine, since you live in Mexico. But, I spent a year in Cuba (pre-Castro) and some time Guatamala, so I can limp along in Spanish.

How do you enjoy living in Mexico?? I would have loved to do that but my wife has a very rare skin cancer that requires very specialized treatment several times a week. So, we can't get too far from major medical centers. So, I guess we are staying in Las Vegas. Could be a a worse place to be stuck. Actually we love it here.

We are retired also, or I should say my wife is. I still give seminars around the country. But only one or two a month.

Regards,