• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Why do you choose....

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

For us like others have said it is a matter of the all inclusively factor. Being able to unpack once and see many different communities for us IS the reason we cruise.... The great food and the relaxed atmosphere are just bonus points.

There is no way with the health concerns we have, that we could have ever undertaken the endeavor we took when we took the opportunity to see parts of the Mediterranean..

While it is true we are huge fans of "Beach Time" we will continue to visit Hawaii via land Vacations..

However when it comes to other parts of the world we will cruise.. where else can we get it all included for just one price?

:cool2: "One reason"? It has to be the allure if you know what I mean. There is something about being at sea on a luxurious ship with great food and great service. No where else have I felt so special. I just love leaning on my side rail and looking at the ocean. Cheesey, yes but that is how it is for us. :biggrin: We just love nice ships. On a more practical level my wife can get her food requests (Indian) every night while I can get something else if I choose to.

It is hard to say that there is only one reason we cruise. All of the things that was said is also true for us, but I think that what we like the most is the luxury service you get on a cruise. I read lots about how people think that the service is much worse than it used to be, but we have never experienced it. I think that lots of people start to just expect more and more, and don't get it. Lots of people expect the service to be worse, and it usually will be. I'm a big believer in self-fulfilling prophesies. When we go on a cruise, we just appreciate what we get, and never feel disappointed.

I agree with all of you...the price, the food, the relaxation, the excursions, just looking out at the sea. So, I have to pick just one reason, huh? I think my reason is the same as Keith & Rita's.

For me it's because it's so romantic. And a way for just the two of us to spend time together.