• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ireland and a return on the Queen Mary 2

Rate this topic

cruiseduo

Pat and I are considering a trip through Vantage Travel for 15 days which included a flight to Ireland from Orlando through NYC, 4 nights in Killarney, 3 nights in Dublin and then a return to NY on the Queen Mary 2 and a flight back to Orlando.

Has anyone done this? What is the best time of the year to go to Ireland?

Thanks. Howard

The "high season" in Ireland is Apr to Sept. I have been there in November and in July. It is GREEN all the time. It is chillier in Nov and less expensive. July was wonderful, more tourists, etc. We took our two teens at the time, in 2003.

We flew to Shannon, picked up an Avis rental, stayed in a hotel in Shannon, then drove to Dublin, took a ferry to the Isle of Man for two nights, where my last name comes from, then back to Dublin for a night at a hotel, then drove my rental south through Waterford, and Cork to Killarny, staying at Bed and Breakfast's. Did the Ring of Kerry, visited relatives outside the city and back to Shannon for the flight home. We booked the flight ourselves through USAir and the tour through a US agency specializing in Ireland. Today, as an agent, I could do it myself.