• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Experienced Princess Cruisers

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

We enjoyed Sterling's (I love rib eye!), didn't try Sabatini's (I'm not a big fan of Italian and he has no interest in sitting through a 2 hour, several course meal). Lots of people think it's great though.

Can't comment on the ultimate balcony dining...they didn't have that last time I had a balcony...boy, do I miss having one! :sad2: But any cabin is better than not cruising!

:cool2: We have never tried Sterlings but have tried Sabatinis. I say go for the experience of it. You will choose 1 entree and then get a sample of ALL that is on the menu which comes to about 15 selections. Be careful not to fill up B4 your entree arrives and do go hungry. For only $20.00 pp more its well worth it. :biggrin:

I tried Sabatini's. Won't again, but that was just me. We had a group of 8, and our TA paid the fee, and it was a fun experience. I just hit the buffet a while later. No reason you can't try both though LOL.

Can't say I get the balcony dinner concept. $50 per person or whatever, for what amounts to room service with champagne and a picture. There is disagreement on another board on whether you can actually order room service off the dinner menu. Some say you can't, others say they just did. But again, this is just me. One of our favourite parts of the cruise is the dining room experience and I have better uses for $100 bucks than sitting on plastic lawn furniture on a rather cramped balcony eating dinner.

Hi Joey,

We've done Sabitini's twice and Sterling once, so far. Sterling is a typical steak house and Sabitini's others have described to you.

To be honest there is so much food on a cruise, I would only do it for a very special occassion. Roe and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary next week and if she would enjoy it, we will do it. Otherwise I'm just as happy in the dining room.

As for the balcony thing, I agree totally with Dan. Sitting on plastic furniture in cramped quarters and eating semi-cold food from room service has no appeal for me.

I've never had a truly hot meal served in the room, except perhaps the coffee. :thumbdown:

Hope this helps,

Our take on this question:

Sterlings serves excellent steaks - but it's just a steakhouse.

Sabatini's is an experience. As has been said it will take at least 2 hours..... we love it! I would highly recommend Sabatini's.

Balcony dining..... forgetaboutit!!! $50.... as Ed says the food in the diningroom as excellent and you can have all kinds of choices and variations for free - why spend the money to sit on your balcony. Sit on it for free and eat in the diningroom....better deal!

Jackie thanks for your input... you know how we value your impressions..... :thumbup:

With your comments and what everyone else had stated .. It pretty much answered our questions..

once on board we will take a look at the menu and most likely book for David's Birthday ..

Thanks everyone.. for the information.

Much Appreciated...