• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Caribbean Moving around Ships

Rate this topic

sailingrose

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Transfers Royal Caribbean International Ship to Pullmantur; Replaces Ship Serving Port Canaveral[/size]

MIAMI, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. announced today that Royal Caribbean International's Sovereign of the Seas will be reassigned to the company's Pullmantur fleet, and the Los Angeles- based Monarch of the Seas will assume Sovereign of the Seas' sailings out of Port Canaveral. These changes will take place in October and November 2008.

"We are fortunate that our mix of brands allows us the flexibility and opportunity to expand in key strategic markets and to diversify in existing ones," said Royal Caribbean International President and CEO Adam Goldstein. "We thank our partners at the ports of Los Angeles, Ensenada, Catalina and San Diego for our outstanding and ongoing relationship. We look forward to providing our Monarch of the Seas guests with exceptional vacations as we visit those locations through next fall."

Sovereign of the Seas' last scheduled sailing for Royal Caribbean International will be on October 31, 2008. Two subsequent cruises, scheduled for November 3 and 7, will be canceled, and guests booked on those cruises will receive a full refund and an onboard credit for rebooking an earlier Sovereign of the Seas sailing during 2008 (excluding holidays). All rebookings must be made by December 31, 2007. All guests currently booked on Sovereign of the Seas on or after November 10, 2008, will be re-accommodated onboard Monarch of the Seas.

Monarch of the Seas will make its last regularly scheduled sailing out of Los Angeles on October 13, 2008. All guests currently booked on a subsequent sailing will receive a full refund and an onboard credit for rebooking a three, four or five-night Caribbean sailing, or a seven-night Mexican Riviera sailing, onboard Royal Caribbean International in 2008 (excluding holidays). All rebookings must be made by December 31, 2007.

On October 17, 2008, Monarch of the Seas will reposition to the East Coast when it departs Los Angeles on a 16-night Panama Canal cruise to Miami. The ship will then undergo a scheduled, weeklong dry-dock before welcoming its first Port Canaveral guests for three and four-night Bahamas sailings starting November 10, 2008.

Royal Caribbean International has established a special help desk to assist its guests and travel agents impacted by these changes. The toll free phone number is 1-888-281-9344.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that operates Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Cruises and CDF Croisieres de France. The company has a combined total of 35 ships in service and seven under construction. It also offers unique land- tour vacations in Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, Latin and South America and New Zealand. Additional information can be found on www.royalcaribbean.com, www.celebrity.com, www.pullmantur.es, www.azamaracruises.com, or www.rclinvestor.com.

Cheryl, they are relatively the same size and they are part of the same class just like Majesty. The Monarch is newer. I haven't been on the Monarch since they rehabbed her and sent her to the west coast. She was in Ft. Lauderdale (Enchantment replaced her) when we took her last.

I'll really miss the Sovereign, she's a classy old lady and has an amazing crew. I'll get back aboard her again really soon so I can find out where my crew friends are going.

More changes are to come for RCI.

Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas Heads West

In a huge boost for West Coast cruising, Royal Caribbean will deploy Mariner of the Seas in the Pacific beginning February 2009. The ship will be based in Los Angeles and sail seven-night Mexican Riviera itineraries. Ports of call include the region's mainstays: Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

This is the first time Royal Caribbean has stationed a ship as big as the 137,308-ton, 3,114-passenger, Voyager-class vessel on the West Coast.

Prior to beginning its season in the Mexican Riviera, Mariner of the Seas will cruise from the East Coast around South America though details about specifics

Doing the Cabo, Mazatlaan and Peurto Vallarta run...

Her south american run will include 2 stops in Chile, and one in Peru, Costa Rica Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas...

Thanks, Rose. I was hoping that they'd put a larger ship in the place of the Sovereign. I would like to try the Monarch. The Majesty was not for us but we loved the Enchantment and hope we can sail her again before they move her out of Ft. Lauderdale. I hope that won't be for a while since we have no cruises planned for the near future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Rose. I was hoping that they'd put a larger ship in the place of the Sovereign. I would like to try the Monarch. The Majesty was not for us but we loved the Enchantment and hope we can sail her again before they move her out of Ft. Lauderdale. I hope that won't be for a while since we have no cruises planned for the near future.