• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New York Car Rental

Rate this topic

hazelson

I helped someone with this on the "big board" a few years ago. Go to a site such as Travelocity, then search for rental car agencies near 711 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10019. That's the address of the Manhattan cruise ship terminal. As I recall, if you have roll away luggage, there are some agencies (possibly Avis) quite near the terminal. I can look for this later this week, if you need help.

One way rentals tend to be a bit pricy. Do you really want A C after the gambling on the ship?

There is a rumor floating around our homestead that we may take a cruise out of NYC next fall. We have cruise friends from Fort Worth and from Connecticut who have this in the preliminary planning stages. The only time I've been to New York was years ago when our little company had a Navy contract. We produced a first article that I drove up to Colts Neck, NJ on my pickup and flat bed trailer. I dropped the trailer at a motel in Freehold and drove across the bridge into New York City. This was in the evening and all the vehicles except mine were yellow. I didn't stay long! After my Navy business was finished I drove down to Atlantic City and deposited a few dollars in the local gaming economy.

Rita has never been to New York so If we decide to join them on this cruise we would want to fly in a few days early and tour the city.

Jenn, when are you cruising from NYC?

And the answer is.....

Right outside the cruise terminal is the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnell.

So on the weekend there is not a lot of traffic.

Go out of the tunnell - it's free to leave NYC.

Up the helix - a large ramp - on route 3 to the turnpike south.

Go the turnpike to exit 11 - Garden State Parkway.

GSP south - and you are there in about an hour and a half.

Depending the time of year - Summer is the worst - traffic varies.

Be careful of the tour busses and Corzine speeding to an appointment. ;)