• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Which is better...

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanksgiving for me is a true family holiday, so I don't want to be away for it. It's not fair evaluating Christmas because I'm Jewish. There would be lots of things going on that we just wouldn't appreciate as a Christian person would. New Years, on the other hand, is a real party holiday. How much better place can you be than on a cruise ship to party. No drunk drivers and you can just walk home. :biggrin:

you know Howard i thought about that hard before asking the question....and maybe i didnt do a good job of posing the question for that I am sorry ..but prices don't seem to go up as much for the Jewish holidays as they do for Christan holidays... plus i was wanting to try and take religion out of the equation... and deal with the popularity of that particular time of the year to cruise...

its like the people that refuse to holiday shop in December because of the "crowds" and others have that Love for it....go figure.....

But it's interesting you chose NYE.. :tongue:

To be honest, I wouldn't want to sail over the holidays because the cruise lines do inflate the prices so much. If you can sail just after the holidays, it may be the cheapest time of the year.

Taking religion out of the picture, I love the Christmas season. Everything gets incredibly colorful, and I love Christmas carols. Goodwill toward men shouldn't be just a Christian motto, it should something be the whole world should adopt.

We would never schedule a Thanksgiving or Christmas since they are family times for us. On the other hand, New Years is a perfect time to cruise, except for the price. We look for New Year cruises of at least 10 days long. They also provide great designated drivers, and like Howard said you can just walk home.

I voted for Christmas as it's lots of fun for me to watch the kids with Santa and as a perk I don't have to cook! The holidays are a big deal in our home especially Hanukkah and Christmas and I do ALL the cooking. Christmas includes 2 major meals for me and it's a ton of work to please everyone.

We liked the New Year's cruise because there is nothing better then ringing out the old year and starting the New Year at sea!