• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Attention Troublemakers

Rate this topic

November 7, 2007

We want to inform you that because of rapidly escalating fuel prices, Carnival Corporation & plc’s six North American brands - Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and The Yachts of Seabourn - have implemented a fuel supplement of $5 per person per day.

The fuel supplement, which applies to the first and second guests in a stateroom, not to exceed $70 per person per voyage, is effective on all bookings for voyages departing on, or after February 1, 2008.

The fuel supplement is necessitated by significant rises in fuel prices which have dramatically increased Carnival Corporation & plc’s operating costs. In fact, over the past three years, the price the company pays for fuel has increased by 140 percent, with a 50 percent increase occurring in just the last seven months.

Until now, the company has been absorbing this significant increase in fuel costs. Unfortunately, we cannot continue to shoulder this huge cost burden and now find it necessary to implement a supplement to partially offset a portion of soaring fuel costs. The implementation of the fuel supplement beginning February 1, 2008 for our North American brands will result in consumers paying approximately one-third of our year-over-year fuel cost increases over the first sixth months of the fiscal year.

Listed below is your group booking information and the total amount of the fuel supplement that will apply for all staterooms. The total fuel supplement will be required to be paid as part of the final payment. If final payment has already been made, we will require that an additional payment is made to cover the fuel supplement amount.

Implementing this fuel supplement was a difficult decision but one that we feel was necessary in today’s challenging economic environment. We thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President – Sales and Guest Services

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not even an anouncement on Carnivals site yet.

I am wicked up-set about this. This is not right to do this to guests that are paid in full. I could understand if there was still a bal. owed to which they could add this to but there is no bal. on us! This is just not right!

OK I wrote our agency about this....Here is what I said....

How do we get more info on this?

I have a group leaving on 2/2/08 on the Liberty. I have cabins booked & now we have to pay $140 per cabin more? WOW! This is going to be hard to tell my clients! That is over $4500 more for my group!

This is going to be a hard pill to swallow for a group leaving one day later....

My whole group is paid for.

Thanks

Chuck Johnsen

VIP Travel

Here is the answer I got back......lol

Hi Chuck,

I don't know the answers to these questions.....I will CC our BDM for an answer.