• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCCL tipping

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Hi Larry..

I Pre-paid my gratuities for my upcoming monarch of the seas cruise ..4 nights they charged me 39 dollars...

But according to RCCL's own website................ here is the breakdown...

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

Indeed! Joey I hate to be a pain but I have one more question and I just can't find the answer on the RCCL web site. If you choose to auto tip what do they charge? BTW as part of Thanksgiving trivia is it the male turkey, female or both that make the gobble sound? :biggrin:

Indeed! Joey I hate to be a pain but I have one more question and I just can't find the answer on the RCCL web site. If you choose to auto tip what do they charge? BTW as part of Thanksgiving trivia is it the male turkey, female or both that make the gobble sound? :biggrin:

Larry i assume they charge the same $9.75 a day pperson no discount...

as far as the second part of your post

BTW as part of Thanksgiving trivia is it the male turkey, female or both that make the gobble sound?

I am not positive but I believe Only male turkeys or toms gobble. Females or hens make a clicking noise. :ninja:

hey Joey are you going on the MONARCH twice.. because it says the dec one .. but then iu see the same for 1/14/2007 is it 2008 or next year

yes i did book again 1/14/08.. David will be back in Oakland with his new position for ten days or so.. and the price (single supplement)for room and board was less than 90 dollars a day.... You KNOW Tonia that is just a too good of deal for something to do and I asked for a table for two.. just because i really want to enjoy the resturant..... ......this will be my last solo cruise for a while though.. gotta start saving for the galaxy for my birthday,,,

Larry i assume they charge the same $9.75 a day pperson no discount...

as far as the second part of your post

BTW as part of Thanksgiving trivia is it the male turkey, female or both that make the gobble sound?

I am not positive but I believe Only male turkeys or toms gobble. Females or hens make a clicking noise. :ninja:

Right you are on both. Cheers, Larry :smile: