• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

HOW EARLY DO YOU ARRIVE AT THE SHIP?

Rate this topic

RNSANE

I definitely am there several hours before the specified time. I hate being in a long long in the midst pf a crowd. For example, our Monarch docs, said to arrive at 1PM - I came at 11AM and was on the ship and in the Windjammer by 11:45AM - we couldn't go to our cabins till 1P but that was fine with me. Being Diamond Plus, with RCI, I always get expedited boarding but I'd rather avoicd the crowds and the lines at the pier and in the Windjammer. Also, this way, my luggage usually arrives earlier.

As early as possible, usually just before 11 am!! We too don't mind not being able to get to the cabin. We familiarize ourselves with the ship for an hour or so and then make our way to lunch, by which time our cabin is ready. We get every minute out of our cruise that we can.

Oh yes, forgot to mention. When it comes time to disembark we have a leisurely breakfast (no matter what color they give us) and then go back to the cabin, get our hand luggage and make our way to a lounge, we are usually one of the last to leave - as you don't have to leave at the time that they call your color..... we only break this pattern if we have a flight to catch.

I'm the same way - it is all about MAXIMIZING THE cruise experience. I've just gotten an email from the hotel director on the Brilliance - an old friend for about ten years, saying Captain Hakan told him last night at the repeater's party that I was coming...now that does make a girl feel welcome! Some of these folks, after 59 cruises, really feel like family. This HD, graduated from the same college that my youngest is attending, though from different campuses....Jeremy's is nicer...on the central CA coast and Patrick went to the Pomona campus!

Hey, gymbrat33, you live in Miami...you MUST try Tutto Pasta one day for lunch or dinner and tell them Carmen from San Francisco sent you. My friend, Sherry and I are flying in on Sunday just to have dinner there before our cruise. We love the place!