• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When you are cruising.........

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Well, I do non-cruise travel as well, often to some out of the way third world countries and I find it's helpful to have things to tide you over. When I was in southeast Asia and India for a month, I even took Vicodin and antibiotics - figured, if need be, I'd drug myself to get to Singapore should I need hospitalization. Most of the stuff I carry, I've used for other people....also, I often hear horror stories about the high prices of some things on the ship.

Bonine and meclizine, in my opinion, should be free. I've been on some ships where people were charged four dollars for a package of four tablets. I think that is criminal when you can get a bottle of fifty tabs at Costco for about $5.00.

Well, I do non-cruise travel as well, often to some out of the way third world countries and I find it's helpful to have things to tide you over. When I was in southeast Asia and India for a month, I even took Vicodin and antibiotics - figured, if need be, I'd drug myself to get to Singapore should I need hospitalization. Most of the stuff I carry, I've used for other people....also, I often hear horror stories about the high prices of some things on the ship.

Bonine and meclizine, in my opinion, should be free. I've been on some ships where people were charged four dollars for a package of four tablets. I think that is criminal when you can get a bottle of fifty tabs at Costco for about $5.00.

Can't forget -

Antibiotics

Asthma medications and inhalers

Diabetic mediation/glucose tablets and tester (new ones for me)

Hypertension medications

Prescription Motrin

EpiPen

Cough medicine/mints

Tums

Neosporin

DH’s vitamins and lipitor

Pretty much many of the same things most of you bring. Plus my BP meds all three of them. Except for a multi vitamin, I bag the rest of the viatmins and herbal stuff I take at home. I have always carried a small first aid kit, very small and I've been know to need a bandaid now and then. :biggrin:

In addition to all the normal stuff (ie, asprin, advil and antacid) I always pack med tape, compression bandages, ice and heat packs, and a tube of superglue for closing deep cuts. About the only "normal" thing I don't pack is regular band aids. I never use them when at home with the theory that if it is small enough for a band aid, I don't really need it.