• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Pacific Northwest

Rate this topic

DebbieandJerry

A few years ago, we took the 5-day (Royal Caribbean) Pacific Northwest cruise from Seattle, WA (Vancouver and Victoria) and loved it. Other than repeating that cruise, we were hoping someone would be able to recommend another. We'd ideally like something longer than 5-days (having recently returned from two back-to-back 8 days cruises). We're not adverse to Alaska. Any ideas?

Last year, I did the Serenade, seven day, San Francisco to Vancouver, which was lovely. The Radiance did the same itinerary from Los Angeles. I try to do one of the coastal cruises every year. They are usually marked down quite a bit and are on one of the Radiance class ships, all glass, great vistas for viewing the scenery.

I'd look at combining a repositioning with an Alaska cruise. It gets tricky because it's illegal to book back to backs that go from one US port and end in another, but you can do it a day layover. For example. Golden Princess May 3, from LA to Vancouver, arriving on May 9th. Spend the night in Vancouver so Jennifer can show you the town. Board the Diamond Princess on May 10th and go to Alaska.

Something a little more exotic, but combines many different elements, would be the Star Princess, leaving Acapulco on April 26th, for an 8 day cruise to Seattle. Then do the 7 day Alaska round-trip. This is legal to book back to back. So you end up with 4 ports in Mexico, San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria and Alaska on a 15 day cruise.