• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Monarch of the Seas, Dec 3, 2007 cruise, Photos

Rate this topic

RNSANE

I think this is right....click on my friend, Eleni's photo if the URL doesn't show up - and the slideshow should start. There are some good photos of Joey....four of us nurses call ourselves the "Queens" and, this time, we had crowns and queen wine glasses...we usually bring each other special gifts each cruise. Needless to say, the crew treated us - and everyone with us - like royalty. For the last two days of the cruise, I was even upgraded to the Royal suite where, one afternoon, Joey played BARTENDER.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/561773029Yozxyc

Carmen, I can't believe you know Anthony! He's been on that ship forever. I enlarged the photo and saw that he's a head waiter now. Good for him! He treated my DD so well when she was little. Do you know Otis??? (waiter)

I have fond memories of that ship and am looking forward to her coming to Pt. Canaveral next year although I will be said to see the Sovereign go.

Only problem with being in that suite is, how does one ever go back to just an outside cabin? Well, I must say that, for my 75th cruise, it was fun to be in there, even if just for two nights. It sure as heck did impress my friends!!! I had told everyone that my Monarch "family" makes me feel special and, boy, did they! The F & B manager had those cute chocolate boxes delivered to all eight cabins in my "group."

sailingrose, Anthony, aka, Tony is a friend for so many years. I am called "the American mother of the Indian crew" on Royal Caribbean and have even been to India - ten years ago, I spent eight days at the home of a crew friend and his family, Santos, who used to be in the Champagne Bar, then went to other ships, including the Rhapsody, as a waiter. Four other crew members were also home at the time and were over every day. I know all the wives thought, "Who is the chubby, older American women who is up till the wee small hours drinking with the men?" It was just fabulous. Right now, bar server, Simon Meneses ( pool deck...you may know him ) is home for his 25th wedding anniversary and Anthony will be at the celebration after New Year's. I was so glad I was able to send a card and gift with him.

Isn't it amazing how you meet people? I could so easily have missed Joey if I had chosen to hang out at Boleros as I often do ( depends on where my closest bartender friends are working ). Lucky for me, Charlie and Sahin were in the Schooner and Joey and I were always there mornings ( and afternoons ...ummmm, and in the evening ) and we're both talkers - and we fast became friends. I am so glad we will cruise together in Feb...I tried to book his cruise Jan 14 but it was already sold out.