• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When do you..

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Packing the suitcases to travel .. it happpens for most of us twice a trip.. before traveling and again getting ready to return....

MY question is ....When do you start packing and repacking your suitcases?.....(how many days/hours before you travel)

ummmmmm... well most of the time i stay packed... the usual stuff i take.. i just top off some things i have used...like my first aid kit etc...but as far as clothes .. i have a section in closet just for cruise clothes... i start packing about a month in advance ..just in case something needs sewing , replacing a button etc..

Tonia

We start the actual packing about a week before we leave, but the piles of clothes we plan to take start much earlier than that. They usually start piling up at least a month before the cruise.

As far as repacking, we don't do that until the last day of the cruise. On of the empty suitcases acts as a hamper to keep the room clean. The dirty laundry goes into those bags that you push out all of the air, so they don't take up much room at all.

Start to gather stuff together in the guest room about a month out. I'll finish about 24 hours prior to departure. DW will wait until the last night before departure.

For the return trip we usually pack the last evening on board. Suitcases are stowed under the bed until then.

This reminds me, we are 38 days out, time to start thinking about the packing. :biggrin:

My wife is very orgainized. Starts packing abouth 2 week before we leave.

We pack on ship the last afternoon. All the dirty clothes in one suitcase. A couple a cruises ago my wife put a plastic flower in with the dirty clothes to come home..We got a good laugh after we got home as security had checked the bag!

Steve