• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Inside Cabins

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

My Monarch of the Seas voyage February 4, 2008 will be the first time I have ever sailed in a inside cabin.. we have always had a window at least...

I have read some posts that say people love it because it stays so dark..... I have read others say that without the window they felt clostophobic...

If you have traveled in an inside cabin.. would you care to share you thoughts?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've never sailed in an inside cabin, so I don't have any personal experience. I have read where some people keep their TV on the channel that shows the bow of the ship over night, and when the sun comes up, it gives them a feeling of having a window.

We've never sailed in an inside cabin, so I don't have any personal experience. I have read where some people keep their TV on the channel that shows the bow of the ship over night, and when the sun comes up, it gives them a feeling of having a window.

interesting........ :biggrin:

Well I love the dark when I sleep - so the TV on would not work for me. We have had 2 inside cabins out of our 16 cruises and they were fine. You have to stand on deck for the sailaway and any other port entry or such like that you'd like to see. Of course nothing compares to a balcony (for us) - but we didn't feel claustrophobic in an inside cabin at all. We certainly do spend much more time out of our cabin when we have an inside cabin, whereas in a balcony cabin "outside" most often is on our own balcony. We would definitely do an inside cabin if it meant being able to take another cruise!!

King Joey, HRH:

We have done several inside cabins over the years. Not a problem for us at all. I like a dark room anyway.

We especially book inside when we have been to the same ports several times, like the Mexican Baja.

I don't think you will find it a problem. On one cruise we had a mini suite on NCL Sky and after disembarking we went down the pier and boarded the Carnival Paradise where we had booked an inside room. We found the Carnival room to be larger and more comfortable, with better storage than our so called mini suite on NCL.

Anything that gets us more cruises, works for me. :thumbup:

King Joey, HRH:

We especially book inside when we have been to the same ports several times, like the Mexican Baja.

exactly..... thanks fo4 the encouragement...

Our first cruise was just the kids and me and we had an inside (and bottom of the ship) cabin. I was concerned about it, but it was fine. We didn't think to bring some type of night light if one of the kids had to get up, so the first couple of nights I left the bathroom light on and propped open the door a bit. Neither of the kids were scared of the dark- and it was dark!- but it allowed Seth to get off the top bunk with out killing himself!

We'd do it again if it allowed us to sail...

Stephanie

If you have traveled in an inside cabin.. would you care to share you thoughts?

We have travelled in an inside cabin 3 times out of 7 and like most of the posts, if it can me on a cruise, I will do it.

I love the inside because of sleeping in the total darkness. It gets us out of our cabin more often. enjoy your cruise.

We've had inside cabins for around a third of our cruises. Besides the lower cost, we tend to sleep better in them because of the lack of wind noise and sunlight. Of our currently booked cruises, our cabin selections are: two insides, one outside and two balconies.