• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roatan Honduras

Rate this topic

Peddler

When we were in Roatan in 2003, we spent the day at the Sante Wellness Center, http://www.santewellnesscenter.com/ . Angela, the owner, gives or supervised massages, and prepares a wonderful light lunch. There is a swimming pool and a small beach, and Angela's husband (a former California fireman) can take you snorkeling or diving. A wonderful day in a small slice of paradise.

Roatan was the second stop on our first cruise , I love this island, I would live on this island if I could, what to expect, for me, it was a beautiful small island, just starting to be visited by cruise ships, the scenery was gorgeous, the islanders very friendly, my favorite stop on the cruise

We've been to Roatan twice and are going again next month. On our first trip, we signed up for a nice private sailboat and snorkel trip. The owner of the yacht was very knowledgeable about Roatan's history and geography. We had a great time. The snorkelling at the barrier reef was excellent.

The next time, we did scuba at Tabyana Beach. that's a popular swimming destination. We talked to others who had done the zip-line in the canopy and had a great experience. They saw monkeys and parrots up in the trees.

We have reserved an excursion called Reef Riders for our next visit. They are 2-person speedboats. I haven't seen a picture, but I think they might be like the Rhino Riders we took out in St. Maarten. Those were 'zodiac' type speedboats that you straddle like a jet ski. I think they'll be lots of fun whatever they're like.

All cruises have been with NCL.

Also, there is shopping within walking of the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We were in Roatan in January 2008 and went to Fins and Flippers. What a great place. Beach with chairs, snorkeling of their dock, a beautiful pool area, good food and drinks at very reasonable prices. With a reservation it was $20 for the day. Short boat ride over there. They picked us up close to the pier.