• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roatan Honduras

Rate this topic

Peddler

We're just back from Fins and Flippers - it's totally awesome. Roatan is extremely poor/3rd world, and this private island is like an oasis in the desert. I would highly recommend it, it's a class act.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Roatan Honduras Islands. Beautiful Island still underdeveloped but changing rapidly than other Caribbean Islands. We use Shoretrips.com for our excursion and had a blast. They used a zip-line company called South Shore Zip-line close to the beaches, shopping and not far from ship area about 15 minutes away. This zipline tour was great they used professional climbing equipment, guides and service. Great long zips some fast and some high great views and after that we went to cool off at a nice beach nearby for a few hours. Will try again when travelling.

Well we we there in April. I didn't report anything mainly because other than some shopping we really didn't do anything. We walked to a shop called Yaba Ding Ding which was a good local craft store.

Question, How is the building at the dock coming along. I assume that it is or will bw a duty free shopping aera.

Later

Well we we there in April. I didn't report anything mainly because other than some shopping we really didn't do anything. We walked to a shop called Yaba Ding Ding which was a good local craft store.

Question, How is the building at the dock coming along. I assume that it is or will bw a duty free shopping aera.

Later

The building seems to be coming along fine. The terminal area is being organized better. should be completed by start of 2009. The Island seems to be growing fast with lots of construction.

We have noticed that Roatan is an added stop to many of the "western" Caribbean cruises. I am so glad to read such favorable reports. We love the Rhino riding in St. Martaan and need to look in to their version of this excursion.