• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Long Beach - Arrival time? VIP

Rate this topic

Hi there,

I'm new to this board, but not new to cruising!

Our past cruises, we've had everything from inside cabins to balconies.

This time, we booked a Cat. 11 suite with wrap around balcony on the Pride.

Can anyone tell me what the best time would be to arrive at the port? Is there a

different line for VIP passgrs? I know there's early check in at the QM, what's our best

option?

I'm really excited about this cruise! Our friends booked this cruise quite a while ago, and were

begging for us to book. Un-be-knownst to them, we're going, and are going to surprise them

onboard!! :ohmy: I hope we're not spotted by them at the port!!

Any info would be appreciated!

Micki

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the best time would be to arrive at the port? Is there a

different line for VIP passgrs? I know there's early check in at the QM, what's our best

option?

I'm really excited about this cruise! Our friends booked this cruise quite a while ago, and were

begging for us to book. Un-be-knownst to them, we're going, and are going to surprise them

Micki

hi micki

I would imagine 12 ish ..... are you arriving a day early to long beach?

Hi there,

option?

Micki

hi micki

I would imagine 12 ish ..... are you arriving a day early to long beach?

Thanks!! And yes, we're arriving a day early and plan on staying a couple of days post-cruise. We've never been to California before, so I have lots of things planned for the three days we'll be there!

Well ask your questions about long beach and we will do our best to help you find the answers that are right for you!!

Thanks Joey! :biggrin:

Will it be hard to find the VIP line once we arrive at the Long Beach port? I know there will be a lot of people there, but I'm hoping that we can get out of the cab, unload our luggage with the porters, find the VIP line, and are whisked away without having to hang around - for fear of being spotted!

We live in the same town as our friends, so therefore we're flying out of the same airport. We booked our flight with a different carrier, our flight leaves before theirs, so there's no chance of being spotted at the airport. . . My plan is working perfectly so far!!

We'll be we're staying in Torrance/Redondo Beach pre-cruise night. Do you know how much a taxi will be from Torrance to the Long Beach terminal? I know it's about half-way between LAX and Long Beach.

there will be an associate at the entrance to the facility.....make sure to have your pre boarding pass out she will want to see it....and ask wheres teh VIP line.....she will point it out to you ..

In my estimation ..... unless your friends have express check-in also ...the window for recognition is less than 2 minutes from arrival at port to the time you are in the VIP lane...(this is just a guesstimate)

We'll be we're staying in Torrance/Redondo Beach pre-cruise night. Do you know how much a taxi will be from Torrance to the Long Beach terminal? I know it's about half-way between LAX and Long Beach.

Is there a reason you are staying so far out?

Understood, IMHO your hotel is a bit far out for sailing out of long beach... never the less ...to answer your question about cost by taxi ......depending on which hotel you are staying at you could be any where between 12 -20 miles away from the pier...so....you may want to consider using a shuttle service depending on the number of people in your party..

A taxi will cost you around 50 dollars I would guess....and thats all it is is a guess....

If you want to call and inquire in regards to your particular situation you can find all that information at http://www.taxicabsla.org/

If you would like to check on a shuttle or private car..... I use super-shuttle when i need a ride to the port (we live in the LA area)..and opt for the private car.. when you are considering a taxi from that far away it may pay you to check into a shuttle....http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx

and for the Car http://www.execucar.com/

Thanks again Joey! You've been a great wealth of information in helping me out with my dilema!

We're using Super Shuttle to get from LAX to our hotel, so I'll go ahead and book them from the hotel to the pier as well.

I was concerned if we stayed in Long Beach the night before, there would be a risk we'd run into them while sight-seeing, because we have the same interests. Plus I didnt know what hotel they were going to be staying at. We would of booked something close to the pier, and I didnt want to risk having them book the same hotel we're at, and not knowing it.

Since I have never been to California, I really didnt know what to do or where to stay! I wish I would of chatted with you earlier!!

I'll post again (after the cruise) and let you know of the outcome!

Micki