• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Long Beach - Arrival time? VIP

Rate this topic

Thanks again Joey! You've been a great wealth of information in helping me out with my dilema!

We're using Super Shuttle to get from LAX to our hotel, so I'll go ahead and book them from the hotel to the pier as well.

I wish I would of chatted with you earlier!!

I'll post again (after the cruise) and let you know of the outcome!

Micki

Micki

You are more than welcome!

I hope that we have been of some help.....

Micki you should know most of the members here are knowedgeable and friendly... so when planning your next cruise ... stop by here first! ..and we may be able to help steer you in the direction you want to go.... if nothing else we can wish you a Bon Voyage!!

Joey

I almost exclusively sail on Royal Caribbean and I arrive at the port about 11:30 so I can beat the lines. There is normally a special boarding section for diamond/platinum passengers and a lounge to wait for embarkation and, of course, you are given priority boarding. Have you arranged to have your dining seating with your friends?

I almost exclusively sail on Royal Caribbean and I arrive at the port about 11:30 so I can beat the lines. There is normally a special boarding section for diamond/platinum passengers and a lounge to wait for embarkation and, of course, you are given priority boarding. Have you arranged to have your dining seating with your friends?

Carmen FYI~~~Micki is sailing out of long beach on Carnival.... Royal Caribbean sails from San Pedro....

Carmen FYI~~~Micki is sailing out of long beach on Carnival.... Royal Caribbean sails from San Pedro....

Thanks to the both of you!

Joey, you've been a wealth of information! I appreciate it!!

Yes, I'm going on Carnival, and we have our dinner arrangements taken care of, we'll be

sitting with our friends we intend to surprise! I'll post back later, and let you all know how it

went! I'm getting really excited now!! Only two more weeks!

Micki

What a wonderful surprise that will be....once I did a back to back out of San Juan....didn't tell the crew I was staying on, especially my dear friend from India in the champagne bar. We bade each other farewell about 1AM the night before disembarkation, then I walked into the champagne bar at 5PM after the life boat drill. It was such fun to see his face! My other crew friends were equally delighted. The only person who knew was my cabin steward who kept my bags for me.

Sounds like fun Micki - but don't miss touring the Queen Mary - if not on the way out try to do it after you disembark...it's right there!!!!! What a grand old dame she is. And she has had such an interesting life - especially when she was out into service for the war effort in WW 1.

Have fun

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this still works or not but when we sailed on the Pride, we did the pre-check in at the QM (we also stayed on board the night before - loved it). Then we had the most spectacular brunch on the QM and then walked over at our leisure to boarding. Even then we were a little early so had to wait in line until the doors opened but then everything moved swiftly. There were a lot of people who got in our line (which was shorter) until they got to the front and found out it was for the pre-check-in people and then had to go all the way to the end of the other line. Oh, forgot to mention that the QM staff took our bags directly to the ship for us and we never saw them again until they appeared in our cabin. If the QM is still a hotel, it is an experience not to be missed.