• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Leaving New York City

Rate this topic

hazelson

When we returned to New York off the Carnival Legend in 2004, we had our flight out of La Guardia. We docked at 7am and left the ship at 930am. Trouble was trying to get a cab to the airport. A Carnival employee told us to cross the road from the cruise terminal and hail a cab! This is what we did and within 10 minutes we were picked up and arrived at the airport at about 1015 for an 1 30pm flight back home. I do realise you are leaving from Newark but allow a good 2 hours after leaving the ship. If it was just me travelling, I would book a mid afternoon flight in order to reduce the stress factor of getting to the airport on time.

Regards

James.

As a general rule, no matter where they are sailing from, I advise my clients not to plan a flight out earlier than noon, preferably 1pm, on debarkation day. Customs/immigration delays and transportation to the airport, and security delays at the airport make any earlier flights VERY iffy.