• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Boston???

Rate this topic

hazelson

Boston is a wonderful place to visit. The three times that we were there on cruise ships, we took the shuttle into town, and then did things we never managed to do in the three years we lived there (the Constitution, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Art Museum, the ferry from the Constitution to the City, and the Science Museum) and things that were favorites (Back Bay, the Public Garden, the Museum of Fine Arts, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, etc.). We know the city, so we didn't need a ship's tour.

We understand that the Duck trip is a good way to see the city as first timers. If the tour leaves from the ship, that's probably all you can do, since there is very little to do near the ship terminal, and the terminal is distant from downtown. If the Duck loads, and then lets you off at the end, near the shuttle stop, and you know where it is, do some exploring near the shuttle. Perhaps shopping at Qunicy Market, walking part of the Freedom Trail, or walking to Boston Common and the Public Garden.

On our three cruises, the shuttle stopped near Quincy market, but the stop was a bit hard to find.

Then I'll stick to my suggestions. Based on my look at the Duck web site, the tour usuallystarts at either the Prudentrial Center or the Science Museum, and costs $29 ($24 if you're over 62). The ship's tour may start at the ship. If it takes you back to the ship, you'd need a shuttle to go back into town, mostly to see sights that you pass on the duck.

When will you be in NYC?

The shuttle you refer to - is that a ship's shuttle or public transport and what is the cost?

We've been in Boston on cruises three times, on three very different cruise lines: Regal (Regal Empress), HAL (Rotterdam), and Regent (7 Seas Navigator). In each case, the line provided a free shuttle back and forth between the ship and downtown. If the ship doesn't provide a shuttle, I have no idea how much it would cost to get to central Boston.