• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Where to stay in Miami??

Rate this topic

cruiser66

I think we found our place. The Holiday Inn port of Miami. It looks like a perfect location. If you walk accross the street literally, the Bayside Marketplace is there. Lots of restaurants and shopping. You can see the port from the hotel. YAY

Also looked nice was the Intercontinental, quite a bit more pricey, but looked really nice :)

I will let you know how the Holiday Inn turns out. It seemed to get good reviews, especially for a pre or post cruise stay.

When I sailed in December, I went to hotwire and they offered a four star property - I looked for a downtown site....I got one listed for $104. It turned out to be the Miami Intercontinental, a mile from the port - the rates the day we checked in were $339! Very luxurious. No shuttle to the port but the cab was under $10. Many times I stay at the Extended Stay - it is not fancy but serviceable - they have just remodeled it, however. The plus to that is that one of my favorite restaurants ANYWHERE in the world is Tutto Pasta, a block down the street. I've written a review about the place on www.yelp.com.

which includes photos. I fly in a day early and plan a late flight home to maximize my eating there.

Believe me, the food is worth a cab ride, regardless of where you are staying. It isn't far from the port and they have an incredible menu and the desserts, especially the passion fruit mousse are to die for. It isn't open on Sunday, though. The chef/owner, is from Brazil - go figure, an Italian restaurant, but he is fabulous and has become a friend. I have sent so many people there over the years and Captain Hakan from the Brilliance said he will dine there when he overnights in Miami!

The Holiday Inn at Bayside will meet your needs. The Bayside Marketplace is accross the street and there are plenty of restaurants and shops there.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown AAA 3 Diamonds Price $150-200/nt

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/h...questid=1065812

340 Biscayne Blvd

Miami, FL 33132

Phone: 305-371-4400

Toll Free: 800-972-2604

Great location Offers a sail-away package including continental breakfast for 2, upgrade to Bayview Room, free local calls/baggage storage and a choice of (1) Bayside option: Island Queen "Millionaire's Row" sightseeing cruise for 2 OR 2 drinks at Let's Make a Daiquiri. Check for current availability.