• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Jewel of the Seas - Dec. 8, 2008

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

Martha - just looked at the deck plans and you can still get a good shot at us if the wind is blowing in the right direction. lol

Actually I only posted about changing cabins in the hopes you would change and come downstairs. If I had realized you were sick and not on-line I would have called you instead. Sorry! It looks like the ship is Sold out.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, MaryLou, we tried, but it was already gone. I was just too sick to get up to the computer.... oh well................we'll be together lots during this cruise, I hope!!

I need your help. You too, Peggy.

I got an email from Lee Miles. He is saying he could bump us up to a 40 person bus, but has to get pricing for that or leave us as 19 @ $20.25 and put the other 7 in a van for $32 something. My thinking is I would rather stay split up as it is more personal, but I need your input as quickly as you can so I can email him back.

Can you believe it is actually almost time????? We have been planning this cruise for 2 yrs!!!!! We had originally planned Hawaii, but it got cost prohibitive and RCI changed the itinerary which made it not worth it. Then we switched to AOS then we found your post and switched to the JOS. It's almost not real that we are going!!!! Will be working really hard F/S/Sun as Thanksgiving is the busiest w/e of the year for Urgent Care, but at least I can tell myself, I am going on a cruise!! :biggrin:

MaryLou and Peggy- Just had to post to tell you I walked up the stairs and looked to the left. IN the hallway were suitcases lined up down the hall and into the bathroom!!! :laugh: Yes, we even have a suitcase in the bathroom!!!!! I think we will need a u haul it!!! :biggrin:

Martha - I agree we should stay with the smaller group and let the newcomers go on their own. I doubt you will ever fill up a bus with 40 people. Just as long as the new people understand that it will not be $20.25 PP for them. They may not want to go if it gets too expensive.

I only posted about meeting on Sunday night in the hotel for a drink as I thought it might be awkward finding out on the ship that you had been running into these people for 2 days in the hotel.

Peggy, what are your thoughts about the tour?

I know you did and now you're stuck!! :tongue: I bet you find out they are not that bad; I think they are just set in their ways. We'll probably be the same at their age!! :ohmy:

Hi Marylou & Martha

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Hope you both have a wonderful day.

Martha - I am with Marylou I would rather stay with just the 19 of us in the van - let everyone else fend for themselves LOL I am so mean - but I would rather we stay together.

Don't do too much today we need you to be nice and healthy :biggrin:

I am tired already too much prep for dinner and I have to get in the shower people will start coming here around 12:30 oh boy - I just have to make mashed potatoes and I am done Lisa is doing the rest.

Talk to you tomorrow

Peggy

Time to put my feet up and relax. Dinner was great and we have a ton of leftovers so I'll get a break for a few days. Going shopping with Deb first thing in the morning (she says 5AM - we will see) so I'll check in when we get home.

One week from today we should be having dinner in NC on our way to Fl. YEAH!!!!!

Good morning!!

I am fast on my way to losing my voice. Oh well................

Had the most relaxing and fun Thanksgiving ever. Wouldn't let me do anything but play with granddgtrs and make my gravy. It was wonderful. Ashley would come and sit in my lap and cuddle; almost as if she could sense we will not see her for 3 weeks.

Countdown has begun....only 3 more shifts then I am off. I hope I can make it. I am really struggling today.

Good luck with shopping!

Good morning - back home after a wild morning. Deb and I went to Wal-Mart at 4:30 NEVER NEVER NEVER do that again. The people were like animals. I swear they would step on their own babies to get to the displays. She got what she wanted and we then went to our local mall and what a difference. It was gorgeous. No big crowds, no lines at all and they were giving out coffee and donuts. Everyone was in a great mood and very pleasant toward each other. Did a bit more shopping and we were back home by 7:30.

It was an experience but for me it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Martha - glad they made you relax yesterday. Hope your voice comes back before next week - you'll need to yell down to our balcony when you are outside.

Peggy - how did your dinner go? Hope you aren't too warn out today.

I'm heading down into the basement to sort and wrap - I may be missing for hours or possibly even days. lol

Hi Marylou & Martha -

Dinner was success but I am so tired and hurt my back on that d-m turkey - & I don't even like turkey.

Did you read about the WalMart guy that was killed - he was trampled when the doors opened in Long Island somewhere - 200 or so people ran over him - gee what is that important

I was out by 5:30 and got Lisa a GPS system for her car and was going to attempt WalMart - but came home instead.

I am so tired right now I can hardly see straight so I will talk to you tomorrow.

Peggy