• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Would you live at sea?

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

if i could i would ... just the thought lowers my blood pressure...when i sail i feel like the best i ever feel... myknees , back etc don't hurt that much.. i breathe better... i can actually RELAX... and the blood pressure is normal... if i could live without pain like that ever day... i wish i could bottle cruise relief....

Tonia

I don't think that I could take it all the time. Now, cruising is such a treat because I can't do it all of the time. If I were on a ship all of the time, the luster would probably be lost at some point. I have lots of interests, and many of those are here.

I'd give it a try. Talked to some folks in Venice last Spring who were aboard "The World" which is ship with a similar setup of ownership. They seemed to love. They were in Venice for five days so they were not hurrying off somewhere like most of us on cruise ships. BTW, on most of these ships, you may own your unit, but you pay for your food when you are aboard. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix. :wink2:

And, as far as Walmart is concerned...bite your tongue. Walmart? Good grief. Walmart isn't 'real shopping'

Walmart's as real as it gets. I don't need to squeeze my size 44 butt into some fashion jeans from Macys. lol Oh, and I'd love to live on a ship for a year or so, but not much more than that. :cool2:

Great question. In my case i would try a 30 to 45 day partial world cruise first. But I remember coming off an 8 day cruise on the Carnival Legend in 2003 and thinking, as we docked in New York that it was enough!! Maybe with a ship like the QM2 it may hold my interest longer. After a while everything starts to be the same old same old and each day quite predictable. This of course leads to boredom. I'm always glad to disembark after 2 days at sea so the thought of 4 or more days without seeing land is a little disconcerting. There again it may be just perfect-who knows? It's just a dream anyway!

Regards,

James.

No.... I can't imagine being "stuck" onboard with all those rich, snooty people with nowhere to escape to. They must get to know everyone's business like a little neighborhood. Now what I would totally l-o-v-e, would be a world cruise!!

I think if you moved to a cruise ship you whole attitude changes.. you first off you would customize your cabin.. so all your important crap would be with you...i think it would be an adjustment but nothing unlike moving from one "apartment" to another