• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

San Diego getting around

Rate this topic

azrescue

I am looking for some advice on means to get around San Diego. We are leaving on Feb 11th aboard the Monarch of the Seas. We will be in San Diego on the 12th. We are wanting to go to the zoo while there but are struggling with what is the best means of getting there from the cruise ship terminal. As of right now we are leaning towards renting a car. Any suggestions? They did offer a shore excursion to the zoo but we do not want to be tied down to the zoo for 5 hours. We will have our 13 month old son with us (as well as grandma & grandpa -- onboard babysitters :biggrin: But we do want the ability to leave when we are ready and go someplace else possibly. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

check with your hotel to see if they have a shuttle to the zoo..most do...there is also an old time trolley that goes around...cab may be expensive... a one day rental is not a bad idea... if you are a AAA member you do get a discount at hertz or enterprise...and usally they will pick you up at hotel or hotel may have shuttle...

Tonia

i forgot to mention... 5 hours at the zoo is really not that long... the bus ride is over an hour... then the childrens part.... then just walking around the top part of the zoo will feel that many hours...i live in san diego.. and even with my friends 2 year old...we spend atleast 6 hours looking around....we spend the most time at the petting part ..LOL

Tonia

• 2 months later...

I don't know what you ended up doing. San Diego is easy to get around. Like they said the taxis are there. The zoo though you could spend a couple of days there and not see it all. Then there is Balboa Park. So much to do there with usually so little time.

I don't know what you ended up doing. San Diego is easy to get around. Like they said the taxis are there. The zoo though you could spend a couple of days there and not see it all. Then there is Balboa Park. So much to do there with usually so little time.