• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: 02/04/08

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Title :: 02/04/08

Author :: JoeyandDavid

Category :: Monarch Of The Seas

Information ::

• Outstanding!!
Description ::

Mexico

This was my third cruise on the Monarch of the Seas and by far the best yet the crew sure does deserve its reputation of "friendliest ship in the fleet."

I was sailing in an inside cabin for the first time in my 10 cruises history! Sailing single it was very acceptable... I found myself sleeping later than if I had an ocean view or Balcony however, I doubt seriously because of size if an inside would work if traveling with DP..

I was in stateroom 3029 which was forward on the ship my cabin steward Alfredo Pence was outstanding my room was always clean.. and my ice bucket was always full.. if by chance he was near my room when I was approaching he always opened my door for me just as I was approaching. Very nice touch

I requested and received second seating and my special table 151 which was always set for one.. The waiter, Geraldine (male form the Philippines) and his assistant Anthony were outstanding in service and detail … their desire to please were beyond expectations.. This team truly made up for the less than stellar service from my last cruise in January

I sincerely believe that although I remain a hard core Celebrity Fan, Royal Caribbean has convinced me that for Itineraries not served by Celebrity RCI will indeed be satisfactory for future Cruises...

As I said to close my last review... "If you have the chance to sail the Monarch of the Seas, Please do you wont be disappointed"

View Review

table for one is my favorite of mine when sailing alone..

I really enjoy observing both guests and crew while dining... which is very hard to do if your focus is taken away by others at your table wanting to converse...

Just a bit of quality ME time...thats all......