• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anytime dining on Princess

Rate this topic

elfed

We have sailed on the Golden Princess and Star Princess and had the Anytime Dining both times. I really prefer it. We also had dinner around 6:30 - 7:00 and the longest we had to wait was about a half an hour. We also asked for a large table. I know one time my husband and I asked for a table for 2 on the Golden and it took longer for us to be seated. From then on we said we wanted table companions and were seated relatively quickly. We've met many people this way. More than we would have if we didn't have the Anytime Dining. The only time we called for a reservation was when we wanted to dine in one of the specialty restaurants.

We are sailing on the Emerald next month and chose Traditional Dining. We chose late dining this time since we didn't want to rush to dinner after shore excursions. Plus, all three of our kids will be with us and waiting even 30 minutes with hungry kids can be tough!! :biggrin:

:biggrin: I have always had traditional dining and last June on the Star I must say it was a hassle to get cross-refferenced with our traveling companions. Finally our friends told Princess he would cancel if they did not take care of this promptly. Same day they did it!

The Palm Dining Room, deck 6 aft, under Club Fusion is quieter than the Deck 6 mid-ships Coral dining room. More people come to the dining rooms through the atrium and end up with more of a line-up than the aft dining room, which is harder to stumble across. I asked the maitre d' about reservations and he said to phone the concierge. Never got around to it. Definitely found coming before 7 had shorter lines, and you also had a shorter wait if you are willing to sit at a large table.

Shhhhh! don't tell everyone the best kept secret about anytime dinning on the CB. :blink:

We cruised on the Star Princess in Jan. of 07. We had been on her before to Alaska when "regular" seating was the order of the day. We like traditional seating SO after reading all the opinions - good and bad - about anytime dining AND there being a wait list for traditional seating . . . we made a standing reservation for every night at 6PM at a table for 6 in front of a window. We did this as soon as we found our cabin and it worked perfectly. There were six of us but 2 weren't sure they wanted a fixed time. Well, they wound up with us 5 of the 7 nights. We loved our waiter and assistant and the food was awesome (especially the chilled soups and the warm dessert soufflets (sp?)). We are doing Hawaii on the P of Am in Jan 09 and plan on trying to do the exact same thing cause Freestyle is not OUR style. Bigred