• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: 2/2/08

Rate this topic

Chucksta63

Title :: 2/2/08

Author :: Chucksta63

Category :: Carnival Liberty

Information ::

• Awesome Superbowl Cruise!
  • 8 Days & 5 Ports it was great! St. Thomas's Coral World is a must! Then off to Megan's Bay for great swiming! Antiqua is breath taking! We took a Cat snorkle & swim tour! Great Rum Punch! PR is so full of History do it on a segway!
Description ::

Eastern Caribbean

Well what can I say but the Troublemakers rocked the high seas! This was an 8 day cruise to St. Thomas, PR, Antigua, Tortola & Nassau. We had great weather this week as it was chilly last week, (I was on a cruise the week before).

Day one... We all met up on the aft deck for a sail away party! There must have been 70 Black shirt wearing Troublemakers up there! What a sail-a-way party it was! Lots of good time had & plenty of booze was a flowing!

The next day was a sea day & Superbowl Sunday! Alot of us hung out on Lido Deck soaking up the booze I mean sun & getting a sopt infront of the wide screen on the ship! This was Formal night & I missed it to watch the superbowl game on the lido deck. Now remember I had just done a week before & went to all the diners....lol. I was selling hats (Patroits) for buckets of beer or a rasberry drinkie for the wife. Oh yea she sat there & watched it too!!! My team lost & I gave my bottle of Champagine to a fan of the Giants. I then proceeded to go off & drown my sorrows at the bars....lol

I ended up finding one of the crew & we shut down the bars. The next day was PR & we did not get in till 5pm so it was like a sea day again....lol Well we got a bit loud & security was called...opps... Sorry folks....

First port of call PR.... I was here just the week before & had done the segway tour of the forts & just had to do it again! This time a bunch of the group went to do it. It was evening so the forts were closed but what a way to see PR! I finished my tour & had to go back to the ship to get my other glasses as the sun was fully gone now. A bunch went out to Senior Frogs & had a blast. I was a bit boozed out so I did not go.

The next day was St. Thomas! I took my family on the Coral World excursion. This was awesome & I only wish we could have spent more time here! Then it was off to Megan's Bay for a bit of swimming! What a great beach! We spent an hour & 1/2 swimming there. Then we took off for a bit of sight seeing! Great views from the top of St. Thomas!!!!

Next day was Antiqua!!! We did a CAT snorkle & private beach excursion... Wow I would do this again in a heart beat! It was so beatiful there!!! Oh yea they gave you free rum punch on the way after snorkeling... They forgot to tell you it was 151 rum punch....OMG... Well needless to say everyone was feeling no pain when we made it back to the dock.....lol This little rum experence flowed into the evening & I got a bit snockered that night. Well the next day was Tortula & I did not make it off the ship as I slept in that day. It was ok though as the ship was empty & I had free roam of the ship.... You have just got to experence a port day on the ship!

Got to run I'll post more later!

View Review

Great review, thanks. We are crusing next month and still trying to figure out our plans for St. Thomas. Did Megan's Bay have any restaurants nearby? Can you tell me more about the beach?

Thanks

Jeanie..

If memory serves me there was a cover charge at Megan's Bay... I believe it was like 7 dollars USD per person.. then they also ran small sandwich stations and souvenir shops right at the beach area... the beach is nice we felt it was a bit over crowded..but then again... we arent into crowded beaches.. so whats that old saying 3 is a crowd!! .... :tongue:

Great review, thanks. We are crusing next month and still trying to figure out our plans for St. Thomas. Did Megan's Bay have any restaurants nearby? Can you tell me more about the beach?

Thanks

Hello

Yes Joey is right there is a little spot that serves sandwiches & such along with your favorite beverage....lol

Megan's Bay does have a cover charge for locals & tourists. I beleive it was $4 when we were there in Feb. It could be more during peak seasons. They also have people servising the beach with orders so you don't even have to leave your seat! The sand is nice & white & the water is clear & calm as it is in a great bay! Snorkeling is not the best here but there is plenty to see in the water! If you want to snorkel I would sugest the beach next to Coral World!!! Coral world is a must if you like that kinda stuff! We did & could have stayed there for a few more hours! There is places to eat there too!

Enjoy :biggrin:

Chuck