• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: 2/2/08

Rate this topic

Chucksta63

OK I'm back again.... Let me go ahead & add some more to this review...

The first day most of the group showed up on a bus that Sharon had rented for the group staying at the $2 hotel they got. Found an internet mistake & they up-held it at the $2 rate! From what I hear the group rolled in in style! Everyone pouring off that bus in Black Troublemaker shirts some wearing hats. I hear that one of the Carnival reps liked the shirt & asked how they could get one. Well the group said talk to Chuck. She went up to Lisa's husband & asked if he was Chuck. No he said but gave her the shirt off his back....lol

Next thing you know we have a topless Troublemaker in the terminal....lol Well the Carnival rep opened up the VIP lane for them & they were on the ship in a flash. By 11am they had the bar on Lido deck open and flowing.....lol

I in the mean time was picking up my step-son at the airport. His flight did not get in till 12. We picked him up & off we went to the ship! We pulled up in a limo & the lines were long. Next thing you know these baggage guys come out take our stuff & put us thru this gate that put us right in the terminal!!! Wahoo no waiting in those long lines outside!!! Felt like royality we did.... Everyone was trying to figure out who it was in that limo that went right into the terminal...lol We went right to our cabin & droped off our things, then headed out on to the lido deck to find the group! Found most of them & had a few drinks before muster drill. Then the party really kicked into gear as we left port!!! I was running around trying to put faces to all of these names I had been seeing for the last year! Kinda hard to remember everyone's faces to the name while drinking....lol I did get to met everyone I think that first day.

First sea day, room service shows up just like I like it...lol Have my coffee out on the balcony & wake up. Jump in the shower, change & head up to Lido deck to see who I can find. A few did not make it to the first diner (tipsy) so I thought I would see who was out & about. Sure enough I find a few with an area staked out well lets just say I don't think anyone else wanted in the middle of this group....lol We got out our flag & flew it from the railing on lido deck so the others would know where we were, like that was hard to not spot....lol

I guess several went to the back lido & hung out there. That is a non-smoking pool. Knowing that the next day was a port day but not untill 5pm most folks partyed hard this first sea day...

2nd day PR 5pm.

I slept in this day as I did not get to bed till early in the morning 4am. Did not drink this day as I had enough left in me I think from the previous day....lol We were doing segways this day in port so I let the folks doing this to not be intoxicated for this or they would not be allowed to ride them. I did this excursion with Sharon & Phil, Ron & Marth... We had a blast & another group was right behind us after we were done so several folks got to do this. Everyone enjoyed this, you were like a celiberty as everyone was taking our pictures. We heard lots of folks who were walking saying that is what they should have done. We covered alot of ground in about a 1/4th the time it would have taken to walk it. If you go to PR check out the segways!

3rd day St. Thomas

All I can say to add to this one is Coral World is amazing. We got there in time for the shark feeding. This was great to hear about the different types of sharks & then to get to pet a baby shark. My wife & son went into the bird cage & fed the tropical birds nectar. They had several tropical birds feeding right out of their hands. There is an underwater obsivertory on the premisses which was awesome from what I hear. I did not want to walk down & up the stairs to go see it but the family did. This was a very cool place to spend time, plan on more than an hour if you go though.

Opps got to run I'll be back later with more....