• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Who's cruising to Alaska this year?

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

We're curious as to the number of Crazies sailing to Alaska this year. Please sign in, and we can swap information on ships, shore excursions, cruise tours, etc.

The Meeting Hall, of course, lists cruises by date, but it doesn't list the destination of the cruises.

We'll be on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner, leaving Vancouver on Tuesday, May 27, the day after Memorial Day. We'll have one pre-cruise night in Vancouver, and four post-cruise nights in Alaska.

Based on the cruising habits on this board (mostly RCCL and Carnival, with some X and HAL), we would be pleasantly surprised if any other Crazies will be on our particular cruise; but we expect that there will be lots of Alaska cruisers on other ships.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be going to Alaska this year on the Dawn Princess....10 nights round trip out of San Francisco. Will be my third time there. Haven't really decided on what I am going to do in most ports except for Victoria, as my friend Heather lives near there and will be meeting me for the day!

I'll be going to Alaska this year on the Dawn Princess....10 nights round trip out of San Francisco. Will be my third time there. Haven't really decided on what I am going to do in most ports except for Victoria, as my friend Heather lives near there and will be meeting me for the day!

Hi- My husband and I are booked on a Princess Arctic cruisetour leaving Aug 18th. We fly to Anchorage- then Denali, Fairbanks, Coldfoot, Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse), fly back to Anchorage and then go to Whittier and board the Coral Princess. We are really looking forward to this- any info about the trip is welcome- We've cruised 11 times, but this is the first time to Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great idea for a thread! I'm glad it was brought back to the top.

We're cruising on HAL Ryndam in mid-August, Inside Passage round trip from Vancouver. We've planned on the following:

Juneau: Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon Bake

Skagway: Ultimate Yukon & White Pass Railroad (with coach transportation to Carcross)

Ketchikan: Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer boat excursion

We're also in Vancouver for two nights pre-cruise, and haven't made any plans for activities. Our son loves zoos, so maybe we'll find one.

Like LaurieM, we have cruised many times before but this will be our first visit to Alaska.

Interesting: seven people posting, 5 different cruise lines: 3 on Princess and one each on Regent, RCCL, HAL, and NCL.

Our planned shore excusrsions, all of which are subject to change:

Victoria on our own.

Skagway: White Horse and Yukon railroad, and gold dredge. We'll definitely keep the railroad, but might pick a different addition to the railroad.

Tracy Arm: the catamaran that leaves directly from the ship and gets close to the glaciers. I believe that NCL is the only other line that offers this.

Juneau on our own, possibly going to the glacier.

Sitka. Whether by tour or on our own, we'll see the totem poles and the Russian dancers.

Ketchikan. Logging show, then on our own. Our time in this city is the shortest on the trip, so we probably won't be able to do all we want to do.

This will be our second trip to Alaska, for our 30th (1998) and 40th anniversaries. The prior Alaska cruise was our first cruise, on the old Noordam. Tracy Arm and Skagway are the only places on this cruise that we haven't been to. (Our Victoria visit was on a car and ferry trip.) The "on our own" cruise tour to Talkeetna, Denali (2 nights), and Anchorage will be new to us.