• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Paradise Beach - Mini Review

Rate this topic

seauonboard

We went to Paradise Beach Club (http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com) in August 2005. We were on the Conquest and docked in Cozumel. This is pre-hurricane damage and we docked where the duty free shops extended out into the water.

I had brought along some backpacks and school supplies for the school kids. I had collected the backpacks from co-workers and purchased some myself (about 10 of them). I also picked up several items such as scissors, pencils, and protractors. I had everything in a box – which I had checked with our bags when we got on the ship. When I tried to take the box off they asked me what was inside and I told them school supplies for the kids. Well they informed me that these items needed to be taken to the purser’s deck as all charitable donations had to be handled through the ship. I told everyone in our group to go ahead and I would meet them on the pier – as I had to go back to the cabin to “return the box”. My husband though decided he would wait inside the ship until I returned.

Well – I just wasn’t sure if the items would get where I wanted them to go and I had already mentioned to Tom (the manager of the beach club) that I was bringing the items, which included some chocolate and other items for the staff at the beach club. So I went back to the cabin – STUFFED everything – including the extra backpacks - into 2 of the largest backpacks and decided to walk them off the ship. I mean, “Hey – I’ll blend in – just another tourist out to enjoy their day onshore”.

When I returned to the debark station my husband is there to meet me and kept going on and on about how he didn’t understand why we couldn’t just take it off our selves and I kept “shushing” him. We finally get off the ship and we’re standing on the pier with everyone else and he’s STILL talking about it. I finally point out to him that I have 2 backpacks on my back and I would appreciate it if he didn’t draw any more attention to us. Right or wrong I got the supplies off the ship.

We caught a taxi (van) for 8 of us and headed to Paradise Beach. It cost us like $15 – which was good considering there was 8 of us. The ride isn’t long and before we knew it we were there.

I dropped off the items at the bar as Tom was at the pier drumming up business. I told the bartender I would try and catch up with Tom later.

The beach club is very nice. You don’t pay an admission per say. They just want you to eat and drink. The showers and changing facilities are very clean and free, as are the chair, umbrellas and loungers. If you would like to use the water toys you can purchase a bracelet. Which will allow you use of the equipment. If you go to their website (shown above) you will get an idea of the types of items they have.

We found a picnic table in the sand and settled in. The guys ordered a bucket of beer and my son found his way to the $1 a minute massage tables. He got a 15 minute massage and said it was very nice. We ordered nachos and some other items and everything was hot (temperature wise) and had a great favor. Not expensive either. There is a long dock that you can walk out and snorkel off the end. Very nice.

When Tom arrived I managed to track him down. He is a very busy man. When I found him he was giving directions to a couple on how to get to another beach club – as they wanted something with less people. He was more than happy to help them out. That’s the kind of guy he is. He realized right away who I was and thanked me for the supplies. He sent over a bucket of beers for the guys and treated me to one of those tall drinks. Both were appreciated but not necessary. Again, a nice guy.

There was a little excitement as Tom found a little girl crying by the beach and asked what was the matter – she said she was lost. Come to find out this little 5 year old girl with water wings had been at the beach up the way (quite a long way actually) and got turned around IN THE WATER and had SWAM all the way down to the beach club. After getting on the walkie-talkies they managed to get in contact with the other beach club who was relieved to know the little girl was OK. Can’t imagine how she managed to get that far without someone noticing she was gone. All in all it turned out well.

We spent about 4 hours there and the total tab was under $50. Not bad for 8 people. I think it helped that we didn’t have to pay for a bucket of beers - but even if we had a cheap day all in all. We had a great time and would recommend Paradise Beach to anyone just looking for a beach day – whether you get the bracelet or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I just returned from the Triumph and a trip to Paradise beach Club.

Nice place and everything was cool, except 2 things......

I wanted to sit at the bar and drink. Jesus told me i could, only if i ordered beers from him(it was his section on the beach), since my wife was sitting in a lounge chair at the beach. No big deal, just wanted to sit in the shade and drink beer. I would have spent more money....oh well....

Secondly...........WARNING.....WARNING.........WARNING...........If you happen to go use the showers, be extremely careful . Those tiles are slippery. I can't stress how slipperry they are. JUST BE CAREFUL.