• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luggage

Rate this topic

IPB Image

Hi guys....It has come time to replace a couple of pieces of our luggage due to wear and tear..Although I really think they should have lasted longer ( 4 years) it has come time to replace.....

One item we are looking for are garmet bags (with wheels and a handle of course) ....also a nice small carry on piece.. any sugestions or recommendations as to brand and or style....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always go with cheap stuff because it doesn't seem to matter how much I pay for luggage - one trip and it's shot.

I was in Wally World just before Christmas and they were clearancing suitcases. I picked up 2 - 20" American Tourister bags - regular $60 something bucks for $25 each. Then last week I'm in Wally World again and see the same bag for $25. These are the nice swivel bags. Plus there was a 21 inch bag for $23. Grabbed both of them - so while they all don't match they are perfect so that each one of us have a nice carry on.

For years, we were using the luggage we bought for our honeymoon that had no wheels. We decided that we needed new luggage when one of our sons said that our luggage was built before the invention of the wheel. :blush:

For years, we were using the luggage we bought for our honeymoon that had no wheels. We decided that we needed new luggage when one of our sons said that our luggage was built before the invention of the wheel. :blush:

I got new luggage but i had to work at my job for 25 years . So i dont think u want to go that route

Joey, I need new luggage too. The ones I am using I bought for my eldest DD when she went to Europe in high school, a long, long time ago. It’s beginning to look a bit worn and the zippers stick sometimes.

Joey - I have to agree with Cheryl sea on this one. We purchased one quite expensive set of luggage and within 2 years we lost 2 wheels, the stand that pulled out to stand the luggage upright, the handle broke and one of the zippers gave way. It came with a lifetime guarantee but we found we had to ship the entire set to somewhere in the mid-west to have them repair it so we just considered it a bad buy and bought new. (That's probably what they counted on when offering a lifetime guarantee and we fell for it.) We now stick with the "cheap" stuff and it's no big deal if they damage it somehow. (We've been using the same cheap set for about 4 years now - all 4 pieces for well under $100.)

I managed to buy the twins a 5 piece set of luggage for $89- and they were running a buy one-get one free sale. It was really nice luggage with lots of pockets and they loved it.