• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luggage

Rate this topic

I was just looking for luggage at Target and came across this luggage scale. I did not know that there was such a thing. I usually let my DD stand on the scale with the luggage in his arms and then without, and calculate the difference in weight lol.

IPB Image

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have paid full price for the luggage I bought.

As far as a scale. I bought a fish scale that went to 50 pounds. It worked great for Alaska as I wanted to weigh the luggage before we got off the ship. I think I paid $3.00 at Wally World. How much is the one you found mercedes

The timing of this post if perfect. If you are looking for cheaper luggage I was in Kohls yesterday and all week a lot of their luggage is on a buy one, get one free sale. This is where I bought Heather & Caitlin's luggage for their cruise. If you have a store near you, take a look and see what they have.

Kohls is where we bought our last collection from... yes indeed .. i will check out Kohls again.. I was just so disapointed in the "quality".. I guess david is right when he told me I need to quit expecting the quality of yesterday....

We replace our luggage every now and then but not as much as when we used to fly to the ports. The airlines really do a number on the luggage. I buy most of my luggage at JCPenney, Ross & TJ Maxx. Howie and I have been happy with our Atlantic luggage. We bought the kind that does hanging clothes as well as the regular stuff. I admit I like Howie's better as it has a seperate part for his suit, mine has a hook in the larger compartment but holds gowns nicely.

Good luck with the hunt for new luggage all!

The last few years, we have used Ricardo of Beverly Hills luggage. We each have a large 28" roller bag that has two compartments. One for hanging garments like my tux and Roe's gown and the other for general packing. They also have outside pockets. This is our second set in 10 years and we love them. This time we also bought heavy vinyl covers for them that are fantastic. :biggrin:

The new set have been on two cruises and judging by the scars on the vinyl covers, even a couple of holes, I'm glad we added them. The luggage still looks like new and I repair the covers with clear duct tape. The first time we checked them at the airport the ticket agent exclaimed "Oh look, they have little raincoats!".

We also have a matching roll aboard and a shoulder bag. All in the same RED material.

We have found bags of this design the best for all of our cruising needs with their special compartment for formal wear and hanging garments and the separate compartment for all our other clothing and "stuff." BTW we bought our latest set on line; However, COSTCO refunded our purchase price on our 8 year old set because it had a lifetime warranty. So, our new set cost us a total of $25. Not too bad for eight years worth of cruising. :wub:

Their newest line even includes a built in scale. However, just sitting them on a bathroom scale works for us.

For business travel I use a rolling garment bag and refuse to check anything. :tongue: