• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luggage

Rate this topic

Enjoy your new luggage, Joey!

We bought several new pieces last year -- among them a 19-inch rollaboard carryon, 25-inch wheeled case, and large tote from TravelPro, and a 20-inch rollaboard carryon and rolling garment bag from Atlantic. The TravelPro luggage was for me, while the Atlantic luggage was for our son. I travel for business, and I loved the organization of the TravelPro 19-inch bag. So far, so good as far as sturdiness, but I've checked it only once. I also learned that it is waterproof, as advertised. (The carpet became saturated in the cabin on our last cruise...long story but no harm done.)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your new luggage, Joey!

We bought several new pieces last year -- among them a 19-inch rollaboard carryon, 25-inch wheeled case, and large tote from TravelPro, and a 20-inch rollaboard carryon and rolling garment bag from Atlantic. The TravelPro luggage was for me, while the Atlantic luggage was for our son. I travel for business, and I loved the organization of the TravelPro 19-inch bag. So far, so good as far as sturdiness, but I've checked it only once. I also learned that it is waterproof, as advertised. (The carpet became saturated in the cabin on our last cruise...long story but no harm done.)

Wow great testimonial thanks Lisa!!

I've got to agree. We just got around to replacing some of our luggage. i notice that a lot of people are buying RED. Well, that's what I bought because it was on sale, I'll have to tape flowers or something on them. But I had a good set, and the first time I used it, when we flew to Istanbul, the pull handle came out. Sometimes cheap is better. At least you won't feel so badly when they fall apart.

My wife bought a 3piece set from Macy's. Terrible! We used them for the first time this past Jan

on a cruise from Galveston. As we were packing for the end of the cruise we noticed one of the wheels

was broken off! We don't know whether the airlines or the embarkation crew did the job. It was one of

the pieces that has 4 wheels and can be rolled walking alongside. Macy's told us they are not responsible

for damaged luggage nor do they guarantee any. So much for purchasing anything else from Macy's.

We have luggage we got at Costco about 10 years ago it has taken a beating over the years and at least

10 cruises ago, though it has some worn spots they never lost any wheels!

Al & Roberta "The Cruise Nuts"

I have one suitcase forever, and I really like it, but the wheels just wore down to the hub. I went to home depot, bought casters, screwed them on, and voila.... like new. You know our luggage takes such a beating, I just figured, even if I only get 2 more cruises out of the castors, they only cost 1.98. a lot less than new luggage. BTW, I sawed off the old ones with a rotozip.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know ...we were able to pick up two rolling garmet bags from the (Dockers Classic 407) collection today ... each one is 22" x 42" x 3 1/2" after sale price and additional discount we paid only $82.80 including tax (SRV $200.00) each from JC Pennys .. it seemed like a good buy.. time will tell... they do come with a 10 year warrenty.