• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

Have never booked an inside cabin. Started with a balcony until we took my dad last Sept and had a handicap suite. Now I'm just trying to get back to a balcony!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there is really something to see, like the Panama Canal or an area of the world where we have not sailed, we have no problem with an inside cabin. :biggrin: It's all about the deal for us. More cruises are better!!

On a lot of the cruise lines we sail the insides are the same size as the OV's.

Just get me on the ship. :thumbup:

We've booked insides in the past, and would do so again as long as the square footage was big enough for our family of three. I remember that Splendor and Rhapsody of the Seas had marvelous, large inside cabins with a sofa for our son and plenty of storage.

We've had numerous inside cabins, They are not my favorite, but when the deal is right, we take it. We've been cruising long enough so that ships didn't used to have balconiesy, and the outside rooms had a little tiny porthole, usually fogged up, so..... it really didn't matter. Now that my DH is not so well, and we seem to spend more time in the cabin, we've been getting a balcony, so he can sit outside, without having to schlep through the ship. We often have our breakfast outside, and on this last trip, he was ill for several days, I'd order room service for lunch, and we would sit outside. We are leaving for alaska in August, and my Daughter's family has an inside, directly across from us, in a balcony. That way we all have a balcony, but only us old folks have to pay the premium. When we went on the Disney cruise we had 2 insides, because of the cost, and it was fine. We simply were not spending that much time in the cabin. It all depends on where you're going, and what your circumstances are.