• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

In the 80s my husband and I traveled with his parents-late 70s both short- he was 5 foot and she was about an inch shorter- attractive people, very dapper dressers. Well, we were on the old Carla C, sailing out of San Juan, going to St. Thomas, Martinique, Grenada, Curacao, and Venezula. The Cruise director had an international group on his hands- all his presentations and jokes had to be repeated in 5 languages-English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese. We never found out exactly who the Mexican and South American people thought they were, but they sure thought Rose and Cliff were some kind of celebrity. Whenever we walked into the showrooms all the video cameras would swing our way, people would come to have their pictures taken with them and give them gifts, People would edge us out of the way for the chance to sit next to them(OH-NO!! I can sit next to my mother-in-law!). We tried to ask one lady, but the language barrier was too much, and at the time- my 1st cruise- I didn't care all that much-I was having a good time. We even have pictures of Rose strolling on the ship with the captain . So, while we didn't have a brush with fame, a bunch of folks on the Carla C thought that they did!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we will not sail without a balcony, that really doesn't come into play. Probably the most important aspect is the itinerary. We like to see new places, and have enough time in port to see what we want. Certainly, the price also has to be right. :wink2: