• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

My first impress was "It's not the Love Boat." But, it was great. Roe had to go down the hall to a special room to use her hair dryer, room current would not support that kind of surge. But we fell in love with cruising and 51 cruises still looking forward till next Friday and our sail-away aboard the Azamara Quest. :biggrin:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also like to get on the ship as early as possible. Exploring the decks, getting our "lay of the land", eating lunch, admiring the artwork, being the "typical tourist" before settling in for a fabulous vacation. That's what we call wonderful! We love sitting out on our balcony until right before the ship sails. Then we are upstairs with the rest of the vacationers, saying good-bye to whatever port we are leaving from. As for the late departures, we really don't pay attention to what time it is. We're on vacation.

As for St. Kitts, we were there November 2008. Quite a beautiful island with lots to do. The people are extremely friendly and not pushy at all. Felt safe the entire time. We took the catamaran/snorkel excursion and loved everything about it.

Joey, love the question of the day. Love the responses.

Great questions. To get caught up:

(1) What is your favorite onboard entertainment?

I love anything musical. My favorites are the classical pianists.

(2) Is two fold ..one is there one destination you would rather NEVER visit again?

..two is there one destination you ALWAYS love to visit?

I'll answer the second one first. I never tire of Halifax. Other favorites are Quebec City and Bermuda, which we've visited several times each, and just about any port in eastern and northern Norway.

I wouldn't be upset if we never visited the Caribbean again, other than Cozumel.

(3) Based on a sailing time of 5pm... What time do you prefer get to the pier to begin the boarding process?

By noon, if possible. I want to get the most time onboard as I can.

(4) Thinking back to your first cruise, What do you remember most?

This may sound a bit odd, yet we still recall hearing a maitre d' tell a waiter to return a plate of pasta to the kitchen as the ends were frayed. We knew then that this was going to be a special vacation.

My first cruise was on the Winchester Castle, from Cape Town, South Africa to Southampton, England - 52 years ago!! I can clearly remember the "crossing the line ceremony".... that's when you cross the Equator. Neptune sat on his "throne" next to the pool and painted everyone with a mild whitewash solution..... then we all got dunked into the pool. Even though I was a kid it was extremely memorable - we all received a Certificate for crossing the "line".