• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Europe women can't enter the churches in shorts. My daughter carried a skirt to slip on over her shorts. But men were not stopped in shorts. I've had no trouble in the Caribbean or Mexico in shorts while visiting a church. Karen doesn't wear shorts so she never has encountered the problem.

In Barbados, a nice beach day can be had at The Boatyard, a beach club in town that can be reached inexpensively by taxi. Beach, water "burg", chairs, etc, beach bar and restaurant, small gift shop. There is an admission charge but it is reasonable. Amount isn't posted at the website.

http://www.theboatyard.com/

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my HAL cruise! I must say I was very impressed. The food and service were excellent. Actually far better than my last Celebrity Cruise. The Connie this fall has a lot to live up to.

Of course, the Maasdam is much smaller and older and not nearly as pretty as the M-class ships, but she was well-maintained. The standard cabins are also a bit bigger. The biggest downfall that I can see with HAL is the entertainment. I am a big fan of going to the shows, but they were so bad, that after the first few, I gave up.

So, what have I missed on the Roll Call? I know I won't have time to go back and try to catch up-- so if someone can just quickly summarize any important discussions, I'd appreciate it.

I am now suffering the post-cruise blues. Thank goodness the best remedy is having another cruise booked! So, now I can concentrate fully on our Crazie Connie Cruise!

Looked at a tux yesterday. Way to heavy for me, will have to keep looking. For the bow tie thingy, if they make it already tied thats good enough for me.

Tues is our 30th anniversary and the Connie Cruise will be official. Both Lynda and I have come real close to blowing it with Gramps. He thinks Lynda does not know about the cruise yet.

Welcome back Paula!

Are you interested in doing the America's cup in St Martin? If your thinking about it I might go along with you. I know you have done it before and so have I but I loved it.

Hey Steve you and Lynda better not blow it......we worked hard to give you an excuse for Gramps! LOL