• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

I know I'm planning on using the ship's laundry at least once. As far as the 3 formal nights - I think I'm going to have 3 different gowns and/or cocktail dresses. I've got 2 now and been looking for a third.

:) good luck.... have any ideas to what you want.. or are you one of these I will know it when i see it types?

I'm one of those that has something in mind and won't settle for anything else. That's why I'm starting to look now. Hopefully it'll give me enough time.

thats me too....90% of the time but 10 % of the time I can be swayed at the last minute..If i see something I had not even condisered

Yeah...that's happened with me a time or two also...

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a couple of questions. We have never used the ships laundry. Ha anyone used it and noticed thinks shrinking from their dryer? I'm sure that I will see things shrinking as the cruise goes on as it is (good food :biggrin: ). For 13 days, we will have to get something washed.

Also, Cindy wanted to know what the women are doing for 3 formal days. Are you bringing 3 different dresses, or are you going to wear on e more than once? She keeps vacillating on this herself.

Yes, we've used ships laundry before and will do so again on our Europe cruise.

I'm bringing 3 formals but I don't have to fly........

Debbie good luck with the dress hunt. I have a brand new gown hanging in the closet that needs alterations and for me to lose a couple of pounds....LOL! I know I'll be back on the diet in a couple of weeks for sure so maybe it will fit. I like at least 1 new dress for a trip.

I plan on bringing 2 cocktail length dresses and like Debbie am looking for a new floor length gown which seems to be alluding me at the moment. If I don't find something that I will bring a formal 3 piece pants set. Like Rose I am under no weight restrictions since we are driving to the port.

Debbie good luck with the dress hunt. I have a brand new gown hanging in the closet that needs alterations and for me to lose a couple of pounds....LOL! I know I'll be back on the diet in a couple of weeks for sure so maybe it will fit. I like at least 1 new dress for a trip.

Thanks!....I have a nice red cocktail dress that I've worn once and there's no way it would fit now unless I lost about 20 pounds...we shall see :rolleyes2: Anyway.....I always have to get new clothes, period, before a cruise! It's just one of my rules :tongue:

Still have not made up my mind on suit or tux. Already have the suits so they are in the lead. I think Lynda has her ress up clothes picked out. You can do alot with some accent jewelry and a jean jacket! :laugh:

We have never used a ships laundry but with two weeks and flying don't think we have too much joice on this one.

Howard...I don't think it's the laundy that causes those clothes to shink, it's the sea air!! :laugh:

Actually, it is possible to get through a long cruise without doing laundry. I've done it a few times with no problems! On my most recent cruise with HAL, it was a 15 day cruise and I had to pack for a 50 degree temperature swing. I'm pleased to say I was able to do with it 2 suitcases, stayed within weight limits, and no onboard laundry!

I will be wearing 3 different formal dresses for this cruise.

As a side note, a woman I met on my most recent cruise, was able to get by with only one medium-sized suitcase! I was really impressed!

Howard...I don't think it's the laundy that causes those clothes to shink, it's the sea air!! :laugh:

I guess I'll just have to give up breathing. You know I can't give up the food.