• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

Hmmm, that sounds familiar....

Yup, we're all ready! The little bags of surprises for you all are packed right on top so I don't forget them!

All we have left to do is take the animals to the kennel tomorrow morning, settle them in, come home for lunch, put the bags in the car and enjoy a leisurely 2 hour drive to Halifax.

I sure hope the weather improves for the drive, because today was just nasty with high winds and heavy rain and sleet, hail, and snow flurries in certain areas. I am going to be SO glad to get to the Caribbean for some warmth and sunshine!

Are you all excited now? Only 2 more days left! Can't wait to meet all of you, and I hope I will remember names, or at least online screen names! I don't mind if you call me rollerdonna, or RD for short! But James is James, don't ever call him Jim! :blink:

Seeya in Miami Crazies!

oh yes, and don't forget to bubble wrap yourselves!!

donna

Bubble wrap for everyone. I awoke this morning with my very first stie on my eye. Only about the size of Rhode Island and can barely open my eye but I'll sure as heck see the connie with one eye - it won't slow me down

Donna - My Jim is just the opposite - when yo call him James he knows he is in big trouble so it will work out fine - one James and one Jim

Goin to hang around in Palm Bay til around 11 and then head for Miami. See everyone tomorrow

OMG Marylou......just what you need. Head t the drug store for some eye ointment and head on down to Miami!

I had a scare at 3:30 this morning.........my son.......going to ER and we should come meet him. Turns out he has kidney stones..........He'll be OK but not sure I'll recover from the heart palpitations.......LOL! Now I have to go to the wedding and then I'm coming home to take a nap! Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

Be safe everyone and have a safe journey to Miami!!!

Rose - so sorry to hear about Adam. Those middle of the night phone calls can sure scare the heck out of you can't they? Hope he is better today.

Believe me the stie isn't going to in interfere with having a great cruise. I waitted too long for this. lol

Well, another disaster has befallen us before we even get out of here.....

We took the pets to the kennel this morning, and before I even got inside, the cat somehow bolted from her cage and ran off into the woods, hotly pursued by the dog. Of course the dog scared her even farther into the woods, and she disappeared.

The kennel owner managed to collar the dog and safely put her in the kennel, but James and I spent almost an hour trekking through the woods and dense underbrush trying to catch the cat.

At one point I had her and was trying to make my way back when she freaked and bolted from my arms again. Then she really disappeared.

Her is a cat who NEVER shuts up, is ALWAYS meowing for something, but when you NEED her to meow so you can find her, she says NOTHING!

WE finally had to give up, before James hurt himself climbing over fallen trees with only 1 arm for support, and before I poked an eye out on the branches. This was rough terrain!

The kennel owner and his neighbours assured us they will keep a lookout for her, that it has happened in the past and that the animal always returns for food.

Knowing her penchance for eating, I'm sure she will, but it sure was hard leaving, knowing we may never see her again.

NOT a good way to start one's vacation....

donna