• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey - just to clarify - is this shuttle service one way only or will it pick us up after the cruise and take us back to the hotel?

I will need to verify to see if that option is available .. but it is my understanding it is a one way shuttle, I had assumed that taxis would be needed for the return trip either to the hotel or airport depending on destination..

That's fine Joey - I just wanted to double check. As long as they still offer free handicapped parking at the pier we will not be using the shuttle service.

how can we verify the handicap parking thing for you? (I only ask in case others reading this may need this information)

Joey - the same thing happened to us last December. Their web site (miamidade dot gov) states AT THIS TIME handicapped parking is free in the POM. I e-mailed them the day before the cruise and they responded immediately that it was still free. We plan on doing the same this time. We plan on driving to the port if the parking remains free but $20 per day X 13 days against free parking at the hotel is really a no brainer.

Joey - the same thing happened to us last December. Their web site (miamidade dot gov) states AT THIS TIME handicapped parking is free in the POM. I e-mailed them the day before the cruise and they responded immediately that it was still free. We plan on doing the same this time. We plan on driving to the port if the parking remains free but $20 per day X 13 days against free parking at the hotel is really a no brainer.

so true.. I know I can use my placard here in California.. when i am having a rough day at meters and other spots without regard to time limits for free..the port of LA and the area airports gives us preferred spots but not for FREE.. I also learned that foreign counties recognizes them as well our tour guide in Villefranche said he could have used it while he was showing us around that area of France.. so put it in your suitcase when you go over seas.. :biggrin:

so true.. I know I can use my placard here in California.. when i am having a rough day at meters and other spots without regard to time limits for free..the port of LA and the area airports gives us preferred spots but not for FREE.. I also learned that foreign counties recognizes them as well our tour guide in Villefranche said he could have used it while he was showing us around that area of France.. so put it in your suitcase when you go over seas.. :biggrin:

That's good to know Joey - thanks. I wonder if we can use it in the Caribbean as well.