• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Caribbean Princess Trip 2

Rate this topic

elfed

Hi Folks,

My wife and I just returned fro our 12th cruise and 2nd on the Caribbean Princess. This was the trip my wife won! We decided on the CP because it was supposed to be Entertainer Bert Stratton's last trip before going into the studio at Nashville to record and write songs. It turned out that Bert's contract on the ship had been extended by 3 weeks! Anyway this trip down to St Maarten,St. Thomas and Princess Cays was even better than our 1st trip on this lovely ship. From the food to the service it was outstanding. Entertainment was amazing highlighted by an incredible Beatles impersonation group called the Beatlemaniacs. Now I used to see the Beatles themselves live in Liverpool when I was a teenager in the U.K. so I was stunned when the Beatlemaniacs came on stage for this one performance only. I really thought it was the Fab Four resurrected! Actually the guy who was supposed to be Paul McCartney played the guitar right handed. But this was a minor quibble. They received a standing ovation after their 50 minute set. All the other entertainment was terrific. The only minor disappointment was Stirlings Steakhouse. We felt service was hurried and we felt rushed. The food whilst good was not as tasty as it was in the Palm Dining room. It was not worth the 16 dollar surcharge. We had Anytime Dining and ate between 6 and 7p.m. There was never a problem getting a table.

We had lugged a 27inch laminated jig saw which Donna had made, down from Montreal as a gift for Bert. It was titled 'The Music Room' and had pictures of every musical instrument virtually in the world. Bert came to our cabin to view his gift and was overwhelmed! He really is a terrific guy on and off stage.

We had fabulous weather and enjoyed Orient Bay in St, Maarten and Magens Bay in St. Thomas. Not forgetting Princess Cays Princess's private Island.

Embarkation and disembarkation was a breeze. We were off the ship by 8-30a.m.

Our next cruise will be on the Sapphire Princess in October to the Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles.

Now I do like the intenary of the Crazies Group Cruise and we will be keeping that in mind after the Sapphire.

Regards,

James.

Thanks for the nice review, James. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the cruise so much. We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in October and love to read great reviews about her. :thumbup:

We took the Caribbean Princess to E Caribbean shortly after a hurricane. Weren't able to go to their private island (destroyed), so they took us to Bahamas. (no complaints on that deviation, mind you). We booked 6 rooms total (our friends and all their kids and their significant other and/or spouse and/or partner). This was the cruise where we managed to fit 12 at our table for 10!

We loved the Caribbean Princess. Never did partake in the pay for dining. Call us cheap, but unless it is truly a special occassion, I can't see paying for a meal when they provide 24 hours of food for free. Speaking of which, two of the rooms would order Prime Rib room service at about 5pm (to hold them over before late dining) on a regular basis. (Must have rolled us off this cruise.)