• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise ship - inaugeral cruise

Rate this topic

How close to an original cruise ship release date have you cruised on said ship.

Coming up in November - Celebrity is adding two weeks in the front of the cruise for the Solstice.

Cruise agent blind booked 10 cabine - I got one for November 30th sail date.

I think this is their first actual paying passanger cruise.

How close to an original cruise ship release date have you cruised on said ship.

Coming up in November - Celebrity is adding two weeks in the front of the cruise for the Solstice.

Cruise agent blind booked 10 cabine - I got one for November 30th sail date.

I think this is their first actual paying passanger cruise.

I personally am not a big fan of shakedown cruises... let them be at sea a while to get all the kinks worked out...then when they think they are ready...... :biggrin: we will book....

We did the 2nd full week sailing on the Navigator of the Seas. The crew and the ship had lots of bugs still but we still enjoyed it. Guess it would depend on what exactly the bugs were.........

I wouldn't do it again unless it was an incredible price.

We did the 2nd full week sailing on the Navigator of the Seas. The crew and the ship had lots of bugs still but we still enjoyed it. Guess it would depend on what exactly the bugs were.........

I wouldn't do it again unless it was an incredible price.

Yes. Increidable price led me into Solstice - 2nd sailing on November 30th, 2008.

We did the 3rd cruise on the Crown Princess a couple of years ago. We had minimal problems on the cruise, but the cruise just after us had a well advertise tipping incident.

My fear (and then disappointment) would be that we would book the darn thing and then learn that it wasn't ready to sail.

We have been on a couple of "shift changes" where new crew was very obvious. Working those bugs out was really hard. I'm not sure I'm ready for an Inaugeral Cruise. Then again, if it was really dirt cheap, I'd reconsider.

I've sailed on 2 pre-inaugural cruises on the Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty. Both were 2 day cruises to the Bahamas. one out of the Port of Miami and the other Port Everglades for $199. Everything went smoothly, and the service was great. I also sailed on the Glory on week 3. It was a 7 day cruise and I paid $619 for an inside cabin, and it was during the summer. I never seem to have any complaints when I'm on a cruise. I'm always so relaxed.

We did the first regular cruise on Carnival Mircle. As it was our first cruise there were probably more bugs than we new about but didn't notice any problems. Ignorance is bliss!

We did the Inaugural of Celebrity's Zenith, years ago. No problems. Sailed aboard her exactly one year later and were invited to a private party hosted by Mrs. Chandres, wife of the line's owner.