• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Question about Cabin on RCI

Rate this topic

We have cabin 8552... I know that the cabins are smaller on this ship... but I was wondering about these. It is an oceanview stateroom. On the website it appears to be like any other cruise we have been on, however, I read in a review somewhere that you have to climb into the bed form the end when it is placed in the "queen-size" figuration.

Does anyone know about this? Also, is there a small sofa in the room, the drawing of it shows one, butwhen I look at the 360 photo, it does not... I am just trying to get a "Feel" for the size of theses cabins. I already know that the view is obstructed.

One more thing... is there room for our suitcases anywhere if these cabins really are that small? OR should we plan on packing VERY light?

Any info is appreciated.

Are you asking about a Royal Carribean ship? I find the cabins on a RCL ship somewhat smaller than other cruise lines. I had a heck of a time storing my clothes in the cabin on our last Alaska cruise.

I don't know if you'll have a sofa in the room, we did with an oceanview. But the suitcases can be stored under the beds. If you can't do it, your steward can do it for you. We were able to get in the bed from the side, not having to climb over from the front of the bed.

We have cabin 8552... I know that the cabins are smaller on this ship... but I was wondering about these. It is an oceanview stateroom. On the website it appears to be like any other cruise we have been on, however, I read in a review somewhere that you have to climb into the bed form the end when it is placed in the "queen-size" figuration.

Does anyone know about this? Also, is there a small sofa in the room, the drawing of it shows one, butwhen I look at the 360 photo, it does not... I am just trying to get a "Feel" for the size of theses cabins. I already know that the view is obstructed.

One more thing... is there room for our suitcases anywhere if these cabins really are that small? OR should we plan on packing VERY light?

Any info is appreciated.

What Ship??

Any info is appreciated.

What Ship??

OOPS... we are the Monarch

Any info is appreciated.

What Ship??

I don't remember having to climb over any bed when we were on Royal Caribbean. It has been awhile, but I do think that some of the furniture can be moved. If that's the case and you feel cramped, it might be possible to ask the room steward to have a couple items removed (or moved around). I also remember a number of hooks in the room for hanging items (hats, wet suits, etc.)

We have always been able to stow our luggage under our bed. There is also shelving in the closet(s) where you might be able to stack some things.

We didn't have any trouble stowing luggage or getting into the bed either. I found out that having a sofa in your room depends on whether or not you are in connecting stateroom. If you are no sofa, just a chair. I think the closet is smaller than other cruise lines too.

It's been a few years since I've been on Monarch but I have sailed her sister Sovereign many, many times so I can help. You will be able to fit the luggage under the bed, no problem. For a short cruise you shouldn't have storage issues with the closet but the bathroom only have a few small shelves.

We have had cabins with sofas and with chairs didn't make the cabin bigger or smaller to us. Yes, depending on how the cabin is outfitted you might have the climb in from the bottom on one side. Some cabins have attached nightstands and other have moveable ones, if you have moveable ones you don't have to climb in from the bottom. I hope I explained this clearly......if not I'll try again.

Any info is appreciated.

What Ship??

You will find that the bed when made up in Queen configuration 2 sides (sometimes 3 if bed is lengthwise) are against the wall. This means that 1 person will have to clime in from the end if the other person is in bed on the side not against the wall. There is no sofa in these rooms and at 122 sq. ft. there is no room for one.

No, but if one wanted to have it set that way, why not?

It depends on the sofa. Do yourself a favor and let it be part of the adventure. :biggrin:

We always pack VERY light. We did a 7 day Western on the Enchantment, pre-stretch days, with legal airline carry on two each. I also had a RCCL tote bag as well with the swim stuff and the wife had a medium sized purse with her cosmetics.

We eat in the Windjammer so have no need to "wear once clothing".