• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Permanent Passenger: My Life on a Cruise Ship

Rate this topic

kccruisin

I never heard of it before this, but after reading the reviews, I would definitely consider reading this book. I've read quite a few cruise related books, and generally like them (I did not like "Cruise Crazy: The Cruise Addict's Survival Guide). Enjoy.

Jerry and I tease each other about this, but it would be cheaper to 'retire' on a cruise ship instead of assisted living. Think about it: new folks to meet every week; great food; great service; laundry and housecleaning done for you on a daily basis; etc. And, if you needed a "special" doctor's appointment, you could make it when you reach U.S. territory.

The option of living on a cruise ship or asst living has one more advantage for the cruise ship. If you fall they will probably give you a free upgrade on the cabin! :rolleyes2:

I loooooooove reading! Especially in the summer. (I'm a teacher, remember?) I always join the adult book club in the summer. I am going to get this book and give you a full review. :biggrin: The reviews I've seen on the Internet have been very positive. Can't wait to add it to my library.

Good find, kccruisin!

I, too, love to read. Let me know if this is worth getting!

As for 3rd world countries and falling, I was more or less thinking of the Caribbean cruises for when it's time to "retired". I'll be old enough to "not touch", but not old enough to keep looking (or so I hope)