• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

No more formal nights on Carnival!

Rate this topic

I did some packing today for our cruise and it was so much easier - I had actually already packed, but took everything out and repacked it today. There are no longer any panyhose, high heels, evening wear, etc. in there. Between Greg's office dinners and church banquets, I get more than enough opportunities to wear cocktail dresses. I do see how someone who didn't get to do the whole "formal thing" occasionally, would really enjoy it, and I think they should go for it. It is a great opportunity for pictures, but we have so many of those that we haven't even gone to the "photo stations" the past few cruises anyway. I think this is great - those who want to dress to the nines can do so and those who want to feel a bit more comfortable on their vacation can do so without being made to feel out of place, or like they are "ruining" everyone else's dinner.....the best of both worlds!!!

Cheryl, when we sailed on the Conquest last year, I was quite comfortable in my"Glacier Blue" sports coat, and a black linen shirt. That's as formal as I got. I wanted to be comfortable in the tropics, so that's what I wore. There was an occasional tux, but not many.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Is this something NEW that I have not heard of, NOT dressing up for Formal night on Carnival ships?

This is the first I have heard of it, and personally, I will probably dress extra nice, even though they may not want us ladies to wear long dresses, but then, summer dresses can be long too.

brneyes