• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day: July 2008

Rate this topic

rogue

We missed Grand Turks on one cruise (Princess) because not enough fuel was delivered to the ship. Our cruise was delayed about 8 hours and we got an extra day at sea. They gave us all $200 per cabin for that. On another cruise (Carnival), we were diverted due to a hurricane from Tortola, St. Thomas, and San Juan to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport and were given $75 per cabin. On another cruise (RCCL), we missed St. George, Bermuda due to a hurricane, and got nothing.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never missed a port due to the weather. We were on a S. Caribbean cruise on the Golden Princess and were supposed to go to Caracas, Venuezuela and were diverted to Isla Margarita ( for "government" reasons we were told). No other compensation - which was very disturbing to most passengers because all that was at Isla Margarita was a little outdoor market and a beach.

On our last Hawaii cruise, on NCL ,we did not get to go to Kauai and when we went to Maui we had to dock on the other side of the island and be bused to the other side. That took a large chunk of our time for that island that we missed out on. Then when we went to Fanning island on the same cruise we had to turn around in the middle of the night, suposedly to go back for one of the crew members that they forgot. What a cruise. Everyone on the ship was mad and complaining. We received a 3.00 refund, I don't even remember what that was for. That was all we received. :angry:

We never missed a port but did have to leave Bermuda a day early a few years back due to an approaching hurricane.. I remember them having an open bar for a couple of hours when we left and that was the only compensation we received.

We were on Princess and couldn't stop at their private island because of the previous hurricane. They took us to Grand Bahamas instead. No compensation, just a different stop.

Marcy already posted about our Hawaii disaster. Sure hope we get to see all the islands this time around.

Once we missed the private island because of some kind of work on the island- they took us to Nassau instead-not usually my favorite stop, but it was some kind of holiday and we got caught up in a parade where they pounded on steel drums and other percussion instruments- it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself scream-Yes! I tried! We went to the straw market and my son-in-law went para-sailing, so not a bad day. At the straw market I had my whole head braided- looked awful, but it was so relaxing.

New question:

Do you put a Cruise Countdown Clock on your computer screen?

I'm not talking about the one you have in your signature, but one you can look at whenever you look at your computer.