• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise employee vote

Rate this topic

danna

I don't care either way..........I just say you are making the emloyees of RC and Celebrity look very bad................I would almost be afraid to sail those lines if that is what you say the employees do and act toward their passengers..............

Why can't you just talk about something else and let everyone enjoy their cruise without thinking the employees are doing bad things to them& treating them badly behind the scenes because as you have said they do things you don't even know................

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHHA - NO....I know that speaking (and writing) things as i see them is one of my biggest faults. At least i admit to knowing what my faults unlike the perfect passengers that i talk about

Danna it's ok to vent.. we all do it.... :happy: and we understand that not all crew members are less than ideal as well....

see we do have an understanding!! isn't that nice!!

I want to invite you to read just two of my reviews.. both are from celebrity the summit and the millennium.. and then tell me .. did I overact? Was in your opinion fair in my observations? I am truly interested ..

David and my Reviews are here

Joey

Your reviews are informative and correct. You talk about the good and the bad of the ships. If there is something that is not up to standard (dust etc)....you need to let someone know. The guys that clean the room are not always good and the only way to make them aware of this is cutting gratuties. (i am only presuming this is what you did). You can talk till you are blue in the face about the importance of cleaning, but the only real way they will learn is 'work no good - money no good. My saying for work "there is always something to do". If me or my colleagues were every standing around i would pull out the rags and spray and we would all start cleaning the area. (i was not liked for this) Obviously not everyone has this rule and would rather chat that work.

The food - specialty restaurants are always the best....I got so fat on my 2 contract from these places. Eggs - the eggs in the staff and crew mess are so hard you need a steak knife to cut them. Again with the food this always comes to the company cutting costs. Every year the management is given lower and lower budgets to work with (celebrity being one of the worst and lowest). This is turn makes the food you recieve less than perfect. (Dam pencil pushers). I have heard before that the food on Summit is not very good (not including the specialty).

Your reviews are good.

i say if something is not up to scratch you have every right to complain to management and have the problem solved. There is always a right way and wrong way of making complaints. Im sure you use the right way

I don't care either way..........I just say you are making the emloyees of RC and Celebrity look very bad................I would almost be afraid to sail those lines if that is what you say the employees do and act toward their passengers..............

Why can't you just talk about something else and let everyone enjoy their cruise without thinking the employees are doing bad things to them& treating them badly behind the scenes because as you have said they do things you don't even know................

Do you have any questions for me for a new subject?

There is always a right way and wrong way of making complaints. Im sure you use the right way

I hope we do... at least that is our intent.. and yes we did adjust the gratuities...

I believe we actually prorated the tips.. for the cabin steward and assistant and Maître'D reducing then only for the days when service was below expectations..

and giving full gratuity for those days when expectations were met... (I always enclose a note in the gratuity envelope along with extra $ if appropriate thanking at the crew for it's performance or explaining why there is a deficit in the amount they were expecting.....

These days when we cruise we normally prepay the gratuities and consider that as part of the staffs "normal" salary...see I do know how corporate can be..LOL

We also add additional notes and cash where warranted.. unless of course service was abominable then we remove all gratuities and extend those only to the truly deserving...

There is always a right way and wrong way of making complaints. Im sure you use the right way

I hope we do... at least that is our intent.. and yes we did adjust the gratuities...

I believe we actually prorated the tips.. for the cabin steward and assistant and Maître'D reducing then only for the days when service was below expectations..

and giving full gratuity for those days when expectations were met... (I always enclose a note in the gratuity envelope along with extra $ if appropriate thanking at the crew for it's performance or explaining why there is a deficit in the amount they were expecting.....

These days when we cruise we normally prepay the gratuities and consider that as part of the staffs "normal" salary...see I do know how corporate can be..LOL

We also add additional notes and cash where warranted.. unless of course service was abominable then we remove all gratuities and extend those only to the truly deserving...

Thats the right way of doing gratuties - and the notes in the envelopes is fab

Thats the right way of doing gratuties - and the notes in the envelopes is fab

I am one of those Oldersters that complain too much... old school you know... ..

was taught to write thank you notes ... :tongue:

Nooooooooo - you wouldnt complain to much. Would you?????

There is so many things that have been lost over the years (as you said notes). Which is really a shame as it makes your day recieving a thank you note from someone. Even recieving ones about the things that need improving. Not many people have big enough shoulders for that though!!!!

When you posted your other thread, I made the decision to stay completely out of that one. It seemed to me that the original intent of it was to cause some kind of controversy. I totally agree with Maria's statement that your posts put all employees of the mentioned cruiselines, in a very bad light and would cause readers to give great thought to sailing on them. Personally, I find the fact that you even posted such a poll as this, to be quite strange. Most of the members here are quite loyal to both Cruise Crazies and to Jason. It appears that you may not have liked the way he handled the situation in your other thread and you are trying to keep the controversy going. I, for one, think he did exactly what was needed, just as he always does. It seems a bit egotistical on your part, to even think that people would consider leaving this wonderful forum because of your thread. I am sorry if I am offending other members, but I just totally do not see the purpose of this thread, other than to cause some sort of division. I thought about keeping my mouth shut in this thread also, but decided not to. While it may not have been your intention, it appears that you were attempting to push Jason into addressing this situation also, and he has much more important things to do than to keep dealing with this kind of thing...

When you posted your other thread, I made the decision to stay completely out of that one. It seemed to me that the original intent of it was to cause some kind of controversy. I totally agree with Maria's statement that your posts put all employees of the mentioned cruiselines, in a very bad light and would cause readers to give great thought to sailing on them. Personally, I find the fact that you even posted such a poll as this, to be quite strange. Most of the members here are quite loyal to both Cruise Crazies and to Jason. It appears that you may not have liked the way he handled the situation in your other thread and you are trying to keep the controversy going. I, for one, think he did exactly what was needed, just as he always does. It seems a bit egotistical on your part, to even think that people would consider leaving this wonderful forum because of your thread. I am sorry if I am offending other members, but I just totally do not see the purpose of this thread, other than to cause some sort of division. I thought about keeping my mouth shut in this thread also, but decided not to. While it may not have been your intention, it just appears that you were attempting to push Jason into addressing this situation also, and he has much more important things to do than to keep dealing with this kind of thing...

As you will see when i write thread about crew, i always use 'some or not everyone and not all'. Just as i do when i write about the passengers on board. I have explained that the opinions i give are my own and that when jason adressed this issue i had no problem to stop talking about it. One member brought this subject up again after it had been closed and i refused to talk about this as i had been told it was not apropriate.

This comment from you

It seems a bit egotistical on your part, to even think that people would consider leaving this wonderful forum because of your thread.

I have never asked anybody to leave the wonderful forum. I did say in this thread that i have upset and probably will continue to upset people in this forum with my opinions. That is why a vote would be a good idea. These are my opinions not the opinions of all staff and crew.

I am not trying to start controversay - members ask questions and i answer them. I answer truthfully and that i have said will upset some people.

I am not trying to cause division in the group - everyone has there own opinions and some of you ask questions that may have controversal answers. Again i have ask members not to ask me questions that they think might upset some viewers. I said i will answer questions truthfully.

I write things as they are (as i see them) and unfortunately this does upset people. And i am to stubborn to change my ways!!!!!!

................I answer truthfully and that i have said will upset some people.

There's a difference between "answering truthfully" and being rude. You err on the rude side. Sorry if this upsets you, but I also write things as I see them and answer truthfully.

You need to get rid of that huge chip that you have on your shoulder regarding the cruise lines.

I do have a question for you. How can you work in an industry that you have absolutely no respect for?? I'm not surprised you are so angry at the world, it must be difficult.