• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Paper or E Docs

Rate this topic

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice to get the booklet in the mail but edocs are much easier to save. I have all of my edocs stored on my computer (*.pdf files) and have referred back to them time to time, who knows where the paper docs are? The luggage tags are not a big deal to have the porter fill them out and Princess sends them to you.

We've only cruised on Princess. Our luggage tags are like stickers. I write my info on them, peel them off, stick them on and hope for the best. I couldn't really laminate these, could I?

Do you put on your tags before your flight? I've heard mixed messages about doing this when you get to your port. However, if you wait until then, will your bags get to you if they are lost or misplaced from the airlines?

What is your suggestion?

Fact is, you don't even need the documents. If you do the pre-registration online that they all require, and print off the boarding pass, all you need is that and an ID to get aboard, just like an airline.

NCL, CCL, RCCL, CEL/Azimara, Princess, are all edocs, although RCCL and CEL can be paper docs is required. In that case, the agent has to print them themselves now, on stock provided by the cruise line. It is all about saving money. It is not just the cost of the tags, it is the substantial postage cost for mailing them. It they can't cut costs, the prices will just creep up.

Cunard, HAL, Oceania and the luxury lines still issue paper document packages.

We've only cruised on Princess. Our luggage tags are like stickers. I write my info on them, peel them off, stick them on and hope for the best. I couldn't really laminate these, could I?

Do you put on your tags before your flight? I've heard mixed messages about doing this when you get to your port. However, if you wait until then, will your bags get to you if they are lost or misplaced from the airlines?

What is your suggestion?

I don't put the cruise luggage tags on until it's time to get the luggage to the ship. There's enough confusion at the airports as it is and they don't need to be trying to figure out what that extra tag is.

When booking your cruise some lines still give the option for the guests to recieve paper documents snail mailed versus E Docs where you download them and pront them yourself..

Given an option which do you choose?

Who signs up for Paper documents?

Who signs up for E Docs?

To no great suprise we always opt for the paper documents.....

Just trying to hold on to tradition as long as possible... ironic isn't it....biggrin.gif