• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Fort Lauderdale

Rate this topic

I think I used hotwire and one turned out bad ...I mean horrible!! Then on return where we used Travelocigy stayed a night, it turned out great at the Holiday Park Hotel & Suites in Deerfield Beach. Of course that trip we were pinching pennies on the hotel but we wanted somewhat in that area and it turned out great for what we spent. Last cruise we kind of splurged on the hotel. Will probably search out a Sheraton next time if we can afford it.

• 1 month later...

Wow! What a great price for the Renaissance......we booked a room for our pre-cruise night in December, and paid more than twice what you did. Good for you! We have a guarantee rate, which you cannot change, so there's nothing I can do at this point. But I can vouch for something.....we had drinks with K&R last year at the Renaissance, and their pomegranate martini is absolutely delicious!!!! I think that's what made me book us there for our upcoming cruise. We also had to find a place where we could leave our car during the cruise. Some places charge ridiculous rates to leave your car....like $20 a day! Other places are not too safe. Renaissance charges only $10/day for parking if you stayed there. OH - Did I mention they have excellent pomegranate martinis? Um, yes...I did....sorry....can't help it....love them :wacko:

• 9 months later...

These are all the great hotels in and nearby the Fort Lauderdale, with having all the great facilities and amenities as well as best choices to avail according to your budget and some other aspects of your vision as well.

Marriott Harbor Beach located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale hotel

Fort Lauderdale Beach Front Resort

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Center, Florida.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

victorian inn bed and breakfast 

~ Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind ~

Thanks Jim for digging up this thread. I did a search, but didn't find this. I'll check some of these places out, as I'm currently looking for hotels in Ft Lauderdale. Our criteria doesn't require it to be fancy, as we are only staying one night. But we would like shuttle services for both the airport and cruise port.